Charging a Lipo pack thru balance plug

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grave

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi everyone..
My bashing buddy show's me his new lipo charger it's an ONYX & charges Lipo thru the balance plug. My buddy said he thinks the hobby shop sold him the wrong charger & refuses to use it.. I looked @ the box it came in & told him this type of charger is setup for charging thru the balance plug & said you CAN charge a lipo like that without any problems.. He said his other charger "a Dyanmite" said he always had the end that plugs into the Rig pluged into the charger as well but his new Charger does not have that option I said to him just charge up your lipos as the directions state & you should be fine. But he still refuses to charge up his pack's I assured him if he does what the directions state on his new charger his lipos will charge up fine. Does any one else charge up there lipo's thru the balance plug.

Yeah thats balance charging, NOTHING at all wrong with doing it that way. Its a good thing.

It's the only way I charge my lipos! And I have an onyx 230 charger as well. If he don't want to use it tell him to sell it to you for Cheap. Lol

Thanks Guy's that's what I told him charging a lipo thru the balance plug it's totaly OK.
So after what you guy's stated & backed me up on my thought's. I will again try to convice my buddy it's ok to charge a lipo that way with his new charger.

Back