Chapman - Tamiya Neo Scorcher Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this might be off topic but every time I look at your avatar it has been reminding me of someone I hung out with briefly. Just to satisfy my curiosity, you wouldn't happen to have been up in the PNW maybe over a decade ago racing with a bunch of hoodlums in Seattle? If not, that's fine. We had a group of folks that would set up secret street races. I remember racing a silver 951 in my old Altima.

I know this might be off topic but every time I look at your avatar it has been reminding me of someone I hung out with briefly. Just to satisfy my curiosity, you wouldn't happen to have been up in the PNW maybe over a decade ago racing with a bunch of hoodlums in Seattle? If not, that's fine. We had a group of folks that would set up secret street races. I remember racing a silver 951 in my old Altima.
No that was not me :). Never made it up to the Seattle area. I have done many 12 hour trips from San Diego, CA to Eugene, OR 10 years ago in a guards red 951.

IMG_7943.jpeg

Update: November 07, 2023
Been a while since I updated…
-Cut the rear springs. Really really like the stance now.
-Cut down the posts that hold body in place.
-Went with blue and orange wheels to flow/match/blend with the Losi Mini-t 2.0
-removed under body LED’s (stopped working and ended up not liking the look anyways)
-installed LED sticks to front windshield
-very tempted to buy a front carbon fiber shock mount for cosmetic reasons
-the red wiring doesn’t look great in the day light… might find something to cover them up.
-but yeah… 99.9% done. Super stoked how it turned out. Great night light/display car.

That was a 4 month process from start to finish:). Super stoked on the results!

IMG_8526.jpeg

IMG_8529.jpeg

IMG_8528.jpeg

IMG_8522.jpeg

IMG_8521.jpeg

IMG_8517.jpeg

IMG_8516.jpeg

IMG_8514.jpeg

IMG_8512.jpeg

IMG_8511.jpeg

Additional pictures

IMG_8511.jpeg

IMG_8510.jpeg

IMG_8509.jpeg

IMG_8508.jpeg

IMG_8507.jpeg

IMG_8506.jpeg

IMG_8504.jpeg

IMG_8503.jpeg

IMG_8502.jpeg

Last edited:
Update: NOVEMBER 12,2023
Officially finished 😁
-installed carbon fiber front damper
-installed black “flex tubing” to cover a bunch of the red wires. Looks cleaner.
-adjusted front windshield LED tubes to sit more flush with the windshield. Looks 10x better.
-stoked… completed.

IMG_8603.jpeg

IMG_8604.jpeg

IMG_8605.jpeg

IMG_8606.jpeg

IMG_8607.jpeg

Update: January 26, 2023

-Neo Scorcher back in the “garage”
-Wasn’t vibing the orange and blue wheels anymore.
-Wish they produced Tamiya red and blue wheels.
-Went with black wheels. I like it.👍

IMG_0268.jpeg

IMG_0269.jpeg

IMG_0271.jpeg