Changes for HPI

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lazy Bushman

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hpi-new-ownership.jpg

HPI Racing is delighted to announce a development that will see a change of ownership of its global operation. The major shareholders of the Scandinavian based Vestergaard Group have signed a deal that will see them utilise their 50+ years expertise and investment in the hobby industry to revitalise HPI Racing, capitalise on its great heritage and push the brand forward.

Speaking from Vestergaard Group's Danish HQ, the new owners announced a new era for HPI Racing with a stable supply chain and excellent customer service.
“We are looking very much forward to rebuilding the HPI Racing and Maverick brands together with you. The brands will be putting existing customer's needs first. Every HPI Racing product owner around the world has made an investment in HPI Racing. It's important we remember that and do all we can to ensure they have years of enjoyment from it. We can assure you that there is a bright and sustainable future planned for HPI Racing, with both innovation and parts supply at the core”.

More information will follow soon!

Please send any enquiries via email to: [email protected]

Looking forward to seeing how this goes.

Let's hope so. Dont like some of the new directions Arrma is going in after the CEO of Horizon passed recently. Coincidentally enough, right after that is when they starting using those crappy Spektrum radios in the newer models for example...
I hope this is a positive change and look forward to seeing what comes out of them.

Hpi has made some of my favorite vehicles ever. I don’t hold much vehicles over arrma’s fleet (not even my e revo over their nero) but one thing I will hold is the vorza flux!!! Then again, it’s $100 more. I hope they get their hobbywing systems out of their vehicles. When they included castle’s mamba monster and mamba monster 2, that was an incredible selling point to me.

I too like the Vorza but not sure it is worth the extra over the Typhon

I too like the Vorza but not sure it is worth the extra over the Typhon
Technically, it’s not. Because both are hobbywing 8th scale system powered and both are durable designs. The tables used to be in favor of the vorza because of its castle system but nowdays the only thing it has over the typhon (which is a big one) is a 7075 aluminum chassis.

Vorza is $150 more here compared to the Typhon and I don’t see $150 extra value sadly

Vorza is $150 more here compared to the Typhon and I don’t see $150 extra value sadly
Dollar per dollar I guess the typhon is a better buy. Still, if I were to buy one, it’d be the vorza. Just because of that chassis and the platform.

the only thing it has over the typhon (which is a big one) is a 7075 aluminum chassis.

Not only the chassis, but all aluminum parts are 7075 on the Vorza. The a-arms hinge pins brace are also far more tough than those on Arrma. The diff. are also better with the helicoid shape. My main complain about the Vorza is the heavy weight and shock absorber, this doesn't make it a great jumper compared to Arrma.

Not only the chassis, but all aluminum parts are 7075 on the Vorza. The a-arms hinge pins brace are also far more tough than those on Arrma. The diff. are also better with the helicoid shape. My main complain about the Vorza is the heavy weight and shock absorber, this doesn't make it a great jumper compared to Arrma.
Honestly I thought arrma’s aluminum bits (other than the chassis) was 7075... well I haven’t bent any pins too badly in my senton so I’m not complaining.

No, Arrma aluminum isn't 7075, otherwise it would be the price of Xray/Tekno cars. Anytime a brand use 7075 aluminum they talk about that because it is one of the best material to use in RC. The aluminum on Arrma car is stamped, when the 7075 is machined. I never saw 7075 aluminum stamped.

I would love to see HPI make a Truggy build as a Vorza, and not like the odd trophy truggy. Or a stunt truck like the Outcast based on the Vorza.

Honestly I thought arrma’s aluminum bits (other than the chassis) was 7075... well I haven’t bent any pins too badly in my senton so I’m not complaining.
Yeah, definetly not 7075. All of it bends way to easy. 7075 is hard to bend with tools in most cases, but the towers, steering top plate, ackerman bar, that's all 6061 of some sort.