Change of Plans

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p0ndo

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
To all of those who have sorta followed my plans with my RC cars, I'm changing them. I recently got a Latrax Teton, which is a great car, 10/10, would recommend. This car made me want a Summit. I've only done bashing for most of my time in the RC hobby, and I figure the Summit was a good way to get into the crawling side of things. Plus, it goes good with my Teton. So for my slash, I think I'm going to make a Bell Air jump car. Just cause why not.

So you now you want a Summit for crawling...kind of cumbersome for a crawler and is way bigger than most crawlers..Have fun with that..lol realty needs to set in heading out the Bell isle to do some drag racing .131/600'

So you now you want a Summit for crawling...kind of cumbersome for a crawler and is way bigger than most crawlers..Have fun with that..lol realty needs to set in heading out the Bell isle to do some drag racing .131/600'
Sometimes I am very impulsive with my spending. one of the perks of ADHD. But I just like the Summit. Its just a kinda in between car that I think is great. But yeah. Summit is my new goal. Then probably a 4x4.

The Summit is a fine RC but its not really a crawler. Its more of a trail truck. ijs :)

The Summit is a fine RC but its not really a crawler. Its more of a trail truck. ijs :)
I do agree, but its more of a crawler than my slash.

The Summit is pretty much a go over anything vehicle with the large tires, cantilever suspension, 2-speed, and diff-locks, but it is pretty wide, so the maneuverability might be a bit sluggish in tight areas. The TRX-4 is a nice trail truck as well. They actually just released one with a 2021 Bronco body.

To all of those who have sorta followed my plans with my RC cars, I'm changing them. I recently got a Latrax Teton, which is a great car, 10/10, would recommend. This car made me want a Summit. I've only done bashing for most of my time in the RC hobby, and I figure the Summit was a good way to get into the crawling side of things. Plus, it goes good with my Teton. So for my slash, I think I'm going to make a Bell Air jump car. Just cause why not.
Don't listen to what TNT was saying. You get what you want and do what you want. I think the Summit is a great choice. It technically is not a crawler, but it does get over obstacles. Personally I don't like crawlers, because they are tedious to use. Which is why the Summit exists.

I don't have one, but I've used one. It's great. The only problem is how much maintaining you would have to do and how complicated things are on it.

Don't listen to what TNT was saying. You get what you want and do what you want. I think the Summit is a great choice. It technically is not a crawler, but it does get over obstacles. Personally I don't like crawlers, because they are tedious to use. Which is why the Summit exists.

I don't have one, but I've used one. It's great. The only problem is how much maintaining you would have to do and how complicated things are on it.
^Agree with this. It is your decision after all, as long as you have fun with this hobby! :)

Just beat the security golf carts at my high school in a drag race with the Teton

Yes. And then I let him have a 3 second head start and I still won

You should make videos of that stuff. I'd enjoy watching.
I am honestly thinking about it. How fast do you think I can push a Teton? also, street tire suggestions for a teton?

I am honestly thinking about it. How fast do you think I can push a Teton? also, street tire suggestions for a teton?
I actually have no idea. I only own an Exceed and an HBX. If the Teton is brushed, my guess would be 25 Mph. If it's brushless, maybe 40? 45?

And it fits in my school backpack. I'm going to be unstoppable

And it fits in my school backpack. I'm going to be unstoppable
Power-to-weight ratio plays a large factor in this. Notice how the bigger an RC is, the more power it takes to get high speeds? Small rc's are insane. Durable, too.

Yeah. If only I could bring my Slash to school

Back