Challenged to a electric/nitro race

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobaloohoo

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My buddy at work challenged me to a race tomorrow at our local hobby shop, he runs brushless/nickel metal, and i run nitro. he swears up and down hes got me, but he doesn't know that i put my .28 in my 1/8 street setup buggy. sits damn near on the ground, put a smaller cooling head on my motor just for this 10 minute race. he thinks I'm going to race him with my Savage XL.. and i used to race buggies, for fun, never competition. i know how to take my corners and when to slow down. From what I've heard from another friend is, he's not experienced on a track, what wager shall i place?;):first_place:

you got me. thats besides the point though, point is, he thinks hes going to win this way

a .28 1/8 street racing buggy against an ecx circuit with nickel? I'm pretty sure he made a mistake!;D

The fact he's not running lipo will 95% be the reason he will lose.

If he thinks he is racing against your savage then why not race your savage? Are you scared? LOL

The fact he's not running lipo will 95% be the reason he will lose.

That and the fact Bobaloohoo used to race buggies and knows how to corner. The driver is 90% of it. It's a slam dunk!

I have to ask, however, what exactly is a 'street buggy'? I don't have the skillz you do, but wouldn't putting a larger engine be more of a liability due to the weight? Most on-road racers I know try to keep their vehicles extremely light and want a smooth power-band as opposed with grunt, which we off-road guys need to clear jumps coming out of corners and stuff. Just what I heard...I never raced onroad in my life (except with neighbors out n the street...but would LOVE to see that class start here)

The ol' switcharoo, eh? I'd laugh if he showed up with an RX8. :first_place:

Man, I also hope the weather is good for you....I know you onroad racers are intense about your engine tunes...I LOVE hearing those things zip (like below).

Last edited by a moderator:
If he thinks he is racing against your savage then why not race your savage? Are you scared? LOL

i know my savage will lose, its on a short course track built for 10th scales

i know my savage will lose, its on a short course track built for 10th scales
Is it on-road or off-road? If you off-road, why not let a buggy be a buggy? If on-road, what is a street buggy? Is it just the setup, or an actual make, or...?

That and the fact Bobaloohoo used to race buggies and knows how to corner. The driver is 90% of it. It's a slam dunk!

I have to ask, however, what exactly is a 'street buggy'? I don't have the skillz you do, but wouldn't putting a larger engine be more of a liability due to the weight? Most on-road racers I know try to keep their vehicles extremely light and want a smooth power-band as opposed with grunt, which we off-road guys need to clear jumps coming out of corners and stuff. Just what I heard...I never raced onroad in my life (except with neighbors out n the street...but would LOVE to see that class start here)

The ol' switcharoo, eh? I'd laugh if he showed up with an RX8. :first_place:

Man, I also hope the weather is good for you....I know you onroad racers are intense about your engine tunes...I LOVE hearing those things zip (like below).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_trqeCN8Vk

and my buggy being "street" setup is kind of a generalization, i have very thin tires so there isnt really much flex with light weight rims, 45 weight shock oil with stiffer springs so it wont want to rebound out of a corner too bad, short stroked shocks to keep the buggy centered, it sits about 1/2 to 1/4 inch off the ground roughly. my center diff is locked up with JB weld(something my father taught me a long time ago) seems like it has way more pull and push this way. I'm also running my .28 because i took my os .21 engine's piston and crank out and put them on my keychain:p test ran it today with my .28 and it seems to have a little much power for the pavement with it being a light buggy. so i gotta ease up on the throttle a little before giving it all it has. all in all, the throttle wont be what kills me, what will kill me is him making a corner/straightaway too quick and me lapping him:first_place:

Ahh..got it. What kind of buggy is it? I'll drag race my 810 from time to time. It has a stock .20 engine it in at is my fastest vehicle. Yep.

gotta love the smaller engines, they rev so much higher! and its a GS storm, i got a on-road one and an off-road one. its a 10 year old buggy, with new electronics, so its pretty much up to date... hard as hell to find parts though

Back