Cen Nitro Stadium truck good/bad?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JESSE G

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm looking for a nitro stadium truck and came across a Cen nitro anyone ever ran one of these ? and what do you think of them thanks in advance.

JESSE G said:
I'm looking for a nitro stadium truck and came across a Cen nitro anyone ever ran one of these ? and what do you think of them thanks in advance.

i think they ran great. id say, go for it.

It also has a OS 15cv engine

Jesse, if you want a stadium truck an AE RC10 gt or a Losi xxx-nt would be a much better choice. The cen stuff from my experience is not very good quality, and parts availability is crappy at best. I think if you go with one of the other trucks I mentioned you will be much happier in the long run.

Yeah I did a search for parts for it and they are hard to find. I'm looking for something around 150 bucks and this one is in my price range

JESSE G said:
Yeah I did a search for parts for it and they are hard to find. I'm looking for something around 150 bucks and this one is in my price range
if it gets u started, fits your price range, and u like it, dont listen to ANYONE else but get what YOU want

aj200415 said:
if it gets u started, fits your price range, and u like it, dont listen to ANYONE else but get what YOU want

Well hell Jesse what are ya waiting for an answer like that puts all the information we have here collectively in a nutshell what it's worth....diddley squat....
aj ....Jesse is actually doing himself a big favor by asking the forum what is a good choice....we steer people away from getting crap cars for a reason....they are great when you first take them out of the box and if all you're doing is driving slow on the driveway on wednesdays then it will probably be a fun little toy.....obviously if someone is researching it here they are looking for something a little more than a holiday toy......
And I fully agree w/ NCnitro [wipes brown stuff off.....NOT] the RC10 or Losi stuff would be WAY better than an off brand.....I don't care how good your LHS is they don't control the suppliers of the stuff unless you deal w/ horizon as your LHS....

aj200415 said:

I do think it looks cool and would probally be fun, but if I can't get parts for it or its prone to break it will be a waste of money. That is why I asked here, Nc knows a great deal about rc's and I respect what he says. I have been actually been asking about a couple differnet rc's I've come across on ebay because I want a good deal but something that can't take a beating also lol.

Plaidfish said:
...they are great when you first take them out of the box and if all you're doing is driving slow on the driveway on wednesdays then it will probably be a fun ...

exactly, he wants just one to start out at, i think, or hes thinken wrong cause u can't get nothin to race or do some serious stuff with for $150....

Id stay away from them. Anything Cen Id stay away from. There not known for being a very good company and having lemon Rc's. If you want to spend only $150 Id try looking for a Rc10Gt or a XXXnt on ebay. Ya might find one for that price. In Rc and just in life in general, ya get what ya pay for. To me Cen is just a small step up from Smartech, and them are HUGE piles.

aj200415 said:
Plaidfish said:
...they are great when you first take them out of the box and if all you're doing is driving slow on the driveway on wednesdays then it will probably be a fun ...

exactly, he wants just one to start out at, i think, or hes thinken wrong cause u can't get nothin to race or do some serious stuff with for $150....
I already have a nitro T-Maxx and just looking for something new. I'm not planning on racing it just bashing around with son,s. I have been watching ebay and I'm sure adventually I will find something decent in my price range. I got my T-Maxx for 100 bucks. I just havent heard anything about the Cen and was curious about it :)

4u2nv said:
Id stay away from them. Anything Cen Id stay away from. There not known for being a very good company and having lemon Rc's. If you want to spend only $150 Id try looking for a Rc10Gt or a XXXnt on ebay. Ya might find one for that price. In Rc and just in life in general, ya get what ya pay for. To me Cen is just a small step up from Smartech, and them are HUGE piles.
Yeah I think Ill just keep a watch on ebay I can probally spend a little more but not to much, money is tight I'm actually really suprised the wife told me to find one so she can get if for me for my B-Day. Is Duratrax a good brand, I'm still a newbie lol I have only had Traxxas products and never been around anything else. I want a nitro Rustler since my boys both have electric rustlers and they are tuff little trucks.

ok ERIC, i will go to your house, or jail cell, whatever,at 350 SE 9th Ct, Pompano beach Fl 33060.

thanks for trimming this thread guys...I got heated over stupid stuff

my friend has a cen genesis, from the expeience with that i say stay away. the genesis is huge compare to my savage, but twice we have had low speed collisions and my savy was fine but broke his cen. its also a pain to get parts for.

JESSE G said:
Yeah I think Ill just keep a watch on ebay I can probally spend a little more but not to much, money is tight I'm actually really suprised the wife told me to find one so she can get if for me for my B-Day. Is Duratrax a good brand, I'm still a newbie lol I have only had Traxxas products and never been around anything else. I want a nitro Rustler since my boys both have electric rustlers and they are tuff little trucks.

just in my opinion,(which most people dont care about) i think duratrax is a pretty good brand. I had a thunder quake and i never had to replace stuff on it, but i would consider that brand.

Last edited:
aj200415 said:
Plaidfish said:

Actually I just bought a RC10 Gt on ebay for $156 :) comes with new tires, extra body,gas tank, glow plug igniter, glow plug wrench and has been ran low hours. You got to love Ebay lol

Plaidfish said:
thanks for trimming this thread guys...I got heated over stupid stuff
Hmmm what did I miss on my own thread lmao. Thanks for the imput plaid today and last night about that pos buggy. I went with what everyone was suggesting and got my self a Rc10 Gt woo hoo :)