CEN MG 10 MT3 or Redcat volcano S30 ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mayur

RC Newbie
Reaction score
hi guys,

i am new to this world and i was looking to buy either of these two trucks. i am totally confused as to which one is better ? i heard that the aluminium chassis on the redcat is strong but will not last long as it would bend and cause trouble and on the other hand the HIC chassis on the CEN is a breakable.But yes the CEN costs little lesser than the redcat. Please throw your views at this. Thanks.

Stay away from both. There is no parts support for either and your LHS (Local Hobby Shop) will not carry any replacement parts. If I was you I would go to your nearest LHS and see what parts they carry the most of. More than likely it will be Traxxas, Losi, HPI, and Team associated. You can get a brand new Traxxas slash, Tmaxx 3.3 for around $350-400 and you will be way better off. Another word of wisdom stay away from used RC's until you get good at tuning and working on them. A used RC is great if your very experienced with working on them other than that it's some one else's headache and you will loose interest quick.

I agree with Bama...I wouldnt buy either of those two brands...Id buy something from a hobby grade brand like the ones he mentioned.

We are all glad you asked before you bought. If you look to buy cheap, you'll be quickly discouraged and give up the hobby.
Should you buy a Renault or a Yugo? They will both run, but you'll have problems finding parts. Get a few extra bucks and go for a VW.
It's dependable and parts are everywhere, new or used. Same goes for RC cars.

Stay away from both. There is no parts support for either and your LHS (Local Hobby Shop) will not carry any replacement parts. If I was you I would go to your nearest LHS and see what parts they carry the most of. More than likely it will be Traxxas, Losi, HPI, and Team associated. You can get a brand new Traxxas slash, Tmaxx 3.3 for around $350-400 and you will be way better off. Another word of wisdom stay away from used RC's until you get good at tuning and working on them. A used RC is great if your very experienced with working on them other than that it's some one else's headache and you will loose interest quick.
but hey redcat has its parts for sale online on their very own website !

We are all glad you asked before you bought. If you look to buy cheap, you'll be quickly discouraged and give up the hobby.
Should you buy a Renault or a Yugo? They will both run, but you'll have problems finding parts. Get a few extra bucks and go for a VW.
It's dependable and parts are everywhere, new or used. Same goes for RC cars.
hi,
yes i wanna buy cheap coz i ain't gonna go race out on the tracks,plus i see a lot off beginners opting for these, and the parts are available online. I have been checkng with this issue for a while and it seems they are avail. i will use it not very much so which one of these? i shal take a decision after a few opinions from experienced people :)

Thanks.

We are here to help you not make the same mistake as we all have. If you want to buy cheap it's your money. You will end up spending more money on the cheaper rc's than you would if you went ahead and bought a better brand. Good luck.

We are here to help you not make the same mistake as we all have. If you want to buy cheap it's your money. You will end up spending more money on the cheaper rc's than you would if you went ahead and bought a better brand. Good luck.

+1 to this, I've yet to hear of anyone happy with a cheap RC purchase.

I have to agree with both of the posts above mine. I learned the hard way before I found this place that you get what you pay for when it comes to RC stuff. Visit your local hobbyshop and see what they have parts for in stock. This way you won't have to wait several days or weeks to get a replacement part.

98.7563% of all experienced RC hobbyists will all tell you the same thing...Theres a reason I have the forum signature that I have. :)

If your bound and determined to do what you wanna do anyway, it doesn't really matter which one you go with you'll have the same problems with both kits. Theyre both made extremely cheap so expect a lot of things to break. You'll be limited to factory replacements parts only that are only available from the manufacturer online or maybe ebay and will break as easily as it did the first time. Virtually no aftermarket hop-ups to make your kits cooler, stronger, faster, more durable etc. Poor customer service and/or warranty support. The list goes on. Pick your poison.

I rarely see any posts regarding CEN products on the RC forums I participate in. Reason being, nobody runs them.
Poor customer support, cheaply made parts and limited parts availability the most likely culprits.

I see posts for Redcats all the time and they all ask the same questions.. "How do I get my Redcat ____ to idle?"
"How do I tune my Redcat ______?" "Why can't I keep my Redcat _____ running? "What replacement engine will fit in my Redcat _____?"
Engine issues can be discouraging to someone new to the hobby and these are the end results that commonly occur.
Sell the Redcat and upgrade to a better brand, Keep the Redcat and attempt to justify the purchase to others while secretly struggling with the purchase,
or give up on the hobby completely.

I'd stay away from both, they are both cheap, nasty brands with bad customer service and difficult to find spares- especially that cen one- you may think its a good idea now, but later on you won't be able to find any spares- try looking at HPI, TRAXXAS, LOSI OR KYOSHO. In specific look at the hpi savage- all round excellent monster truck with great customer service and solid build quality.