Carrier and bearing ??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bkyd Basher

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey guys i recently bought 2 extra carriers to have on hand when my rpms popped the pivot balls. The carriers were #5334, and the bearings said they were for Summit carriers but for the 5334r carriers. Well the inside bearings fit great and the outsides were to big. Do u know why this is cause i was under the impression they were the same carriers.

There are two types of "revo-spec" carrier. The later version takes a 13mm bearing and the older ones take a 12mm bearing. You need some 12mm bearings.

Oh ok. Probably not the right thing to do but i used the dremel and opened the hole on the carrier to fit the bigger bearings. I'm impatient. Seems to be working ok though..

Its only wrong if it doesn't work! I would have used a drill and bit myself. More even rounded hole. My hand isnt steady enough for the drimel. i would have wobbled the hole out too bad and had to buy new carriers.

Well i got them pretty round and snug.But the dam carriers didnt hold up anyhow. I just can't believe no one else is havin problems with there carriers. I dont consider myself to be real tough on the truck and i made the jumps on the track with smooth landing ramps so just can't figure out why i am havin this problem. I've been through to sets or rpm and now two sets of stockers. Gonna try tekno next but after all that I'm really not thinkin there gonna hold up but i hope so!!

If you pop a pivot ball out of a Tekno axle carrier...You DA Man!!!

Honestly though, the revo axle carrier (part # 5334R) with the steel ring reinforcement has given me no issues at all and I'm known to jump houses with a revo...

i hope ur right!! with my second set of rpms i was litterally stoped and rolled off the side of a jump, roughly 18" high and boom, popped both balls from the carriers. Could it be my caster, camber, the way i set my pivot balls, the legth of my pushrod what?Or maybe the caps that hold the balls in place back out and create slop letting them slam out? Any thoughts?

It's your carriers, you need the newer style #5334r....The ones with the 13mm outer bearing.

Whats the difference with the area where the pivot balls are?And knowone knows why only 1 set of bearings come with two tekno axle carriers? I really wanna order a set but want to make sure i have everything i need like the other set of bearings?

Last edited:
The old style revo carrier was all plastic around the pivot ball hole, the new carriers have a steel ring that snaps around the pivot ball hole that keeps the plastic from being stretched out or breaking.
You can see the steel ring here.

DSC01736.gif

And when removed.

DSC01737.gif

You want the complete Tekno kit that includes the 8mm stub axles, 17mm wheel hexes and all bearings (8 bearings total). If you just purchase the carriers you will need to modify some things to make them work with what you have.

Thats what I'm getting at, if u go to tekno's site the listing for the revo carrier kit includes 2 Carriers,2 17mm hubs, 2 17mmwheel nuts,2 8mm stub axles,2 8x16x5 bearings,and 6 retainer rings. Why do they only list 2 bearings for a set of carriers?

Dont know, Typo maybe? I got all bearings needed with my order. Give them a call to confirm.

ok thanks. i think i am gonna give the 5334r carriers a try because of ther price and guess teknos will be on the list next. I actually put the old one back on after switching my caster and loctited the pillow ball adjusters and ran three tanks without popping them, coinscadence or maybe i found out why. Time will tell.

Back