Carpet tires for the slash, got way too much traction?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Got these for the slash for the carpet. Schumacher mini pins on all 4 corners. At the old track on black CRC, it was all good. But on the new carpet at the new track, its got way too much traction. I think the rears are fine, it's just the front. What can I do to the front tires to have less traction? Should I just get a new pair of front tires? (Like Fuzz Bites or Pin Swags, if they offer them, one local said swaggers but I'm not sure because of the knobbys wearing down)

PXL_20230719_210246668.jpg

PXL_20230719_210258305.jpg

I like to use a dremel and sand off the rows to make a mowhawk... remove 1 row at a time until you get the desired traction you need, on my SCT410 I removed 4 rows total on the front of each wheel:

View attachment 169043
Don't got a Dremel, planning just cutting them off with some curved siccors.

Actually, I use toe nail clippers first, then polish smooth with the dremel ;)

I suppose scissors may work well too!
Toenail clippers are great for so many things other than clipping toenails! Another super cheap tool that’s pretty great are the little Milwaukee flush-cut snips. They’re like $18 I have 3 or 4 pairs stashed in different places.

Back