Carburetor retainer pin bolt and thread size for OS 21TM nitro motor for Revob

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corneileous

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Hey guys, just wondering if anybody on here is familiar with the OS 21TM nitro motor for the Revo 3.3.

The other day, I had a scary situation with my Revo when all the sudden the motor started acting like the throttle was stuck wide open and after finally getting the motor to shut off, I found out that the hex nut that goes on the other end of the carburetor retainer pin had come loose and came off allowing the carburetor to turn away from the throttle linkage and actually started backing out of the motor.

I was actually able to find a replacement part but whether or not that nut was tight or loose when I installed the motor in my car, I don’t know because I never thought to check it but does anybody know what the thread is and what the actual diameter of the threaded part of that pin is that the nut threads on to?

if I can help it, I’d much rather not use that same plain ole hex nut and would much rather use an actual locknut like what Traxxas did on their motor because it’s pretty much the same design accept that on their‘s, the retainer pin comes in from the right side and on the OS motor, the pin comes in from the other side but at least they used an actual locknut.

By the way, I tried using the locknut from my Revo motor but it wouldn’t work because it’s made for a smaller bolt diameter than what’s on the OS motor.

Thanks.

It's a oddball pitch. You will never fine the nut. You can only get it by buying a ne carb retainer.

Hmm, I guess I may just have to get with the manufacturer then.

By the way, I tried using the locknut from my Revo motor but it wouldn’t work because it’s made for a smaller bolt diameter than what’s on the OS motor.

Thanks.

Did you try the entire cinch pin from the TRX engine?

FWIW, the part number for the nut and pin from OS is 25381701. They use the same one in a few engines. The 18TM uses that as well. I have an old 18TM in the drawer and a 21Tm in one of my revo's. Never thought to look at the pin...

Did you try the entire cinch pin from the TRX engine?

FWIW, the part number for the nut and pin from OS is 25381701. They use the same one in a few engines. The 18TM uses that as well. I have an old 18TM in the drawer and a 21Tm in one of my revo's. Never thought to look at the pin...
Naw, I didn’t think to try the whole pin. I figured that if the bolt diameter for the nut was larger that the pin wouldn’t work either so I didn’t try it but, I was able to find a new one from some little hobby shop online even after both A-Main Hobbies and Horizon Hobby said it was discontinued......

Lots of older Os engine parts are discontinued buy you can always find them on Ebay.

Lots of older Os engine parts are discontinued buy you can always find them on Ebay.
I’m surprised OS Japan got back with me as quick as they did but they said that part is not discontinued as they still have them in stock so I guess this is just a way for a main hobbies, horizon hobby or whoever else to say they don’t carry the part anymore is to say it’s discontinued but OS did tell me the size of that nut which is a M3.5x0.6.

But like I said, I was able to find some hobby shop online that carried this whole complete part as a kit so I do have one of those coming to me but now that I know the size, I’m going to search high and low to find an actual locknut to go in place of that plain hex nut. I don’t need that coming loose again… LOL.

I’m surprised OS Japan got back with me as quick as they did but they said that part is not discontinued as they still have them in stock so I guess this is just a way for a main hobbies, horizon hobby or whoever else to say they don’t carry the part anymore is to say it’s discontinued but OS did tell me the size of that nut which is a M3.5x0.6.

But like I said, I was able to find some hobby shop online that carried this whole complete part as a kit so I do have one of those coming to me but now that I know the size, I’m going to search high and low to find an actual locknut to go in place of that plain hex nut. I don’t need that coming loose again… LOL.
Which I said it was a odd ball size pitch.

You just can't go buy it off the shelf????? and it will be expensive.
I’m sure somebody somewhere has one that you can just go buy one or two from the bulk bin and who knows, my local hardware store or even my local tractor supply might even have one but I don’t have to worry about it because thanks to that link that was posted from Fastenal‘s website, I called up my local Fastenal and they found those exact lock nuts from another Fastenal store up in Pennsylvania and they’re going to have them shipped to his store so for basically little under seven bucks, I’ll have five of these special nuts that are indeed lock nuts.

I’m sure somebody somewhere has one that you can just go buy one or two from the bulk bin and who knows, my local hardware store or even my local tractor supply might even have one but I don’t have to worry about it because thanks to that link that was posted from Fastenal‘s website, I called up my local Fastenal and they found those exact lock nuts from another Fastenal store up in Pennsylvania and they’re going to have them shipped to his store so for basically little under seven bucks, I’ll have five of these special nuts that are indeed lock nuts.
That 's the catch you had to buy more than one or Fastenal won't sell you any. You just can't go to any hardware store a buy one. LOL!! $1.67 a nut OMG. I have lots of them. They fit several carbs.

That 's the catch you had to buy more than one or Fastenal won't sell you any. You just can't go to any hardware store a buy one. LOL!! $1.67 a nut OMG. I have lots of them. They fit several carbs.
So what exactly is your point? Why does it sound like you have a problem that I spent six dollars on five little bitty locknuts that are pretty hard to find? And I don’t care what you have. Do you happen to have one of these OS engines and have an extra M3.5 x .6 locknut laying around? And so what if I basically spent a dollar and a half each? I had to spend one time $25 including shipping on two little special short screws from a car dealership that holds the sunvisor up to the top of the cab for my l pick up but since they’re a special type of screw that nobody has, sometimes you got to do what you gotta do.

Corneielus, just ignore him, he's quite full of himself.

Specialty hardware can be very hard to find, and expensive at times. When you need it sometimes you just have to bite the bullet. If I had one I would have gladly sent it to you, not just brag how many I had.

Corneielus, just ignore him, he's quite full of himself.

Specialty hardware can be very hard to find, and expensive at times. When you need it sometimes you just have to bite the bullet. If I had one I would have gladly sent it to you, not just brag how many I had.
It's a common part on os engines engines. FY!!
Look it up and see all the engines that part fits????
All I run is OS engines!

Last edited:
It's a common part on os engines engines. FY!!
Look it up and see all the engines that part fits????
All I run is OS engines!
Did you mention that to him? Did you help him with a link to the parts? NO, you bragged how many you had, then made fun of him for what he spent to get what he needed. Then when he questioned yoh you just posted two dumb smilies. I guess this is some more of that good help you spoke of.

Did you mention that to him? Did you help him with a link to the parts? NO, you bragged how many you had, then made fun of him for what he spent to get what he needed. Then when he questioned yoh you just posted two dumb smilies. I guess this is some more of that good help you spoke of.
The pissing contest begins!!!!!! Yes!!! look it up on Os. The part can be found on Ebay. How many did I BRAG?????? You can buy a hole box 100 for a few dollars more. No brainer there. LOL. Do what you want. I can always do better! if I can't find it I will make it! In this case I have some but if I didn't I would just buy a tap and make some.

Back