Carb question on baja 5t

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetlou0069

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hey , I tuned up my carb to go a less fast cuz it was revving way to high but when it's cold itll take like 20-30 pulls to start , gotta mention b4 I touched the carb it took ruffly 5-6 cranks to start after priming the gas bubble 5-6 times. My question is it the high or low needle ( I'm thinking low end but not 100%) and would it b because it's to much in or out ? Thanks for help guys

Hey , I tuned up my carb to go a less fast cuz it was revving way to high but when it's cold itll take like 20-30 pulls to start , gotta mention b4 I touched the carb it took ruffly 5-6 cranks to start after priming the gas bubble 5-6 times. My question is it the high or low needle ( I'm thinking low end but not 100%) and would it b because it's to much in or out ? Thanks for help guys

If your buggy was running good the way it was ,but just the idling too high ,I would put the settings back the way it was ,if
you remember where they were!
I would check other places that might make it rev high like ,the transmitters servo adjustment rate ,it could have accidently
got moved ,or check & clean the air filter ,sometimes in time ,the filter will get saturated with the 2 stroke oil in which will
cause a choking affect ,also check fuel lines for air leaks ,as it could be leaning the engine causing high revs ,if those dont
cure the issue ,then you would move to your idle set screw ,an not the H & L settings ,also check an make sure that the
throttle linkage didnt vibrate loose!...:cool:

If your buggy was running good the way it was ,but just the idling too high ,I would put the settings back the way it was ,if
you remember where they were!
I would check other places that might make it rev high like ,the transmitters servo adjustment rate ,it could have accidently
got moved ,or check & clean the air filter ,sometimes in time ,the filter will get saturated with the 2 stroke oil in which will
cause a choking affect ,also check fuel lines for air leaks ,as it could be leaning the engine causing high revs ,if those dont
cure the issue ,then you would move to your idle set screw ,an not the H & L settings ,also check an make sure that the
throttle linkage didnt vibrate loose!...:cool:
I'm sry I dont mean rev on idle I meant it was revving to high going fast not on idle

I'm sry I dont mean rev on idle I meant it was revving to high going fast not on idle

Oh ,I don't think that I understand that either!
Most people that come here is wanting to make their stuff go faster ,but ,you can turn the high counter clock wise
about an 1/8 of a turn to tame the high end down some!

Back