Carb issues with king motor

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitratex

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just got a used king motor 23 cc baja. I can prime it start it right away runs for a couple seconds then dies. Gotta pull the plug dry it pull the rope a couple times put the plug back in prime it it starts and repeats.
I'm not sure if its flooding out or if the carb isn't sucking fuel.
It will run perfect furring this time but will not start back up. Any ideals???

Heres the carb adjust post I copied from Large Scale Forums. Might help.

1) Locate the low and high RPM jets on the side of the carb - they are usually marked with a L and a H. Turn both jets completely CLOCKWISE ( to the fully closed position).
2) Rotate the Low jet counter-clockwise to 1 and 1/4 turns open.
3) Rotate the High jet counter-clockwise to approx 1 and 3/8 turns open.
4) Now, start the engine. You may need to turn the Low jet slightly one way or the other for the engine to start.
5) Adjust the Low jet as desired until the idle is where you like it. Turning clockwise ("CLOSING" THE JET) will produce a higher idle, and counterclockwise ("OPENING" THE JET) will produce a lower idle (and eventually flood and the engine will kill, if you turn it too far).
6) Open the throttle lever to full blast. Adjust the High jet until you get maximum RPMs. Note: this will probably be REALLY LOUD. Listen for the highest-pitched whine to tell you where max RPMs are hit. AFTER YOU FIND THE MAX RPM SETTING, TURN THE HIGH JET COUNTER-CLOCKWISE ("OPEN" THE JET) APPROX 1/16TH OF A TURN TO ENSURE YOU HAVE SUFFICIENT GAS/OIL MIX TO COOL THE ENGINE PROPERLY.

Well it will continue to run if I keep pressing the primer bulb on the carb so I'm not sure if it adjustments it needs I don't think it's getting fuel.

Check to see if the vent hole on your gas cap is clogged.

Nope not clogged gas will come out of it.
I'm at a lose on this one. A new carb is only 25 bucks but I'm not sure if that'll fix it

if you still have the stock km style carb dump it.i bought three used ones put each on and each one ran 10 times better than a new generic.alot stronger idle + alot better tunability meaning less stress on engine,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,very smooth are the walbro668's,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

even the gaskets and diaphragm is cheap,thin and can't really even be disassembled without tearing,walbro i have all day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I would check the diaphragm under the plate, I learned the hard way that sand can pack in there and prevent the diaphragm from pumping fuel... Mine would also run if you pumped the primer.

I have bought a brand new walbro carb from a hbi baja kit. Sometimes it will start rev up sound great. Then it just dies. I've removed the head and looked at the piston ring and cylinder walls I don't see any thing that looks like it would make lose compression. The carb has the factory setting on them. HELP!!! I'm about to beat my head against the wall with over this.
Any ideal what to do???

I wish i could help. I just bought a new km baja with the 30.5 on it and its doing the exact same thing, i changed plugs, carb, gas, check coil clearance, compression checked flywheel key. I'm at a lose with this thing. It ran fine for the first two tanks and gas. then it just started loading up on the top end so i leaned it little by little with absolutley no results, and as the third tank went on it got to the point that it wouldnt stay running and now it want start. I did atleast by the km with the intention of upgradeing parts and makeing it a mixed bag of parts, however i think I'm going to have to start with replacing the engine!

Yea I agree I'm at the same point it's either that or I just snap and it'll end up in pieces. My arm is sore from trying to start this piece of junk motor. I've got a drll with a socket setup to turn it over now. I'm going to work on it today if nothing happens I'm either looking for a new motor or salting. Might ever think about using it for target practice.

the km carb needs to go!! crap-in crap-out! get a walbro.the guy with the walbro that has troubles,check the carb base gasket.the paper ones can get messed up just installing!

---------- Post added at 9:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:01 AM ----------

hey nitratex are you still having problems?even after a new walbro?

Yea I've got brand new walbro carb from a hpi baja kit from eBay. I'm just gonna buy a new motor I'm tired of this piece of poop.

nitratex, i replaced the King clunker with a g29, 29cc zenoah with a ddm v1 pipe and let me tell ya I really like this, plenty of low end torque and at the same time pretty good rpm range. ddm has the motor ready to bolt in for like 255 and its well worth it

I bought a new motor off eBay 26cc for $107.99 with shipping. Will be here Monday

make sure your in tank filter is not clogged.my chainsaws filters clog some,,,,,,

Help my km blade Baja won't pull start unless I'm reving engine with controller does this mean the carb isn't working as I assume it isn't sucking fuel but why when I rev car it starts have bought new carb but week away anything I can do now to fix problem

Help my km blade Baja won't pull start unless I'm reving engine with controller does this mean the carb isn't working as I assume it isn't sucking fuel but why when I rev car it starts have bought new carb but week away anything I can do now to fix problem
I would go post your question in the Large scale forum. This thread is 8.5 years old.