can't go full throttle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dawg242

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a Cen .30 engine in my Cen C1 Matrix 1/8 scale buggy. It starts right up, runs like a champ until I go full throttle, then it dies. I've shortend my fuel and exhaust lines because I noticed air bubbles in the lines. That didn't help. But it did take care of the bubbles in the line. I've richend it up to the point of being way rich, and I've leaned it way out. I even thought that my exhaust pipe might have been clogged, but it's clean a whistle, nothing seems to work. The engine is brand new with about two hours on it including break in. I've had the guy at the hobby shop helping me and he says I'm making him look bad because this is the only engine he has not been able to tune. Any ideas? I have also thought that if I can't resolve this issue that I would like to change the engine. I'd like to go to the Losi 454 pull/spin start. From all the pictures I've seen the shafts look to be the same. Would it fit in my buggy and would all my parts work on it? Like my clutch bell, flywheel, clutch shoes,bearings and exhaust pipe?

Does it start and idle smoothly once it's warmed up?
At what point will it not go full throttle, from a dead stop or when you're already running?

I have a Cen .30 engine in my Cen C1 Matrix 1/8 scale buggy. It starts right up, runs like a champ until I go full throttle, then it dies. I've shortend my fuel and exhaust lines because I noticed air bubbles in the lines. That didn't help. But it did take care of the bubbles in the line. I've richend it up to the point of being way rich, and I've leaned it way out. I even thought that my exhaust pipe might have been clogged, but it's clean a whistle, nothing seems to work. The engine is brand new with about two hours on it including break in. I've had the guy at the hobby shop helping me and he says I'm making him look bad because this is the only engine he has not been able to tune. Any ideas? I have also thought that if I can't resolve this issue that I would like to change the engine. I'd like to go to the Losi 454 pull/spin start. From all the pictures I've seen the shafts look to be the same. Would it fit in my buggy and would all my parts work on it? Like my clutch bell, flywheel, clutch shoes,bearings and exhaust pipe?

The HSN (high speed needle) is too lean causing the engine to fall on its face at high RPM. Turn the HSN counter clockwise 1/2 turn and see if your high speed comes back. Then slowly readjust the hsn for the best performance.

Lee

Back