can't get my racers edge glow igniter to charge....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ausher

RCTalk Addict
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Its the one with a meter and came with a 4400 mah sub c...

The charger has a light but it doesn't come on. The package said first time charging it requires 14-16 hours and its still dead!!!!

Anyone else dealt with this igniter or similar problem with another?

I never use those silly trickle chargers. Cut the box off of it and plug it into a real charger. Charge it at an amp or two on one cell and get some juice into that thing.

Oh.... well I don't have a charger that's capable of charging a single 1.2v battery.... only nicad charger I have charges 4-10 cell battery packs at 1-3 amps....

Well damn it....send it to me then I will charge it for ya....man that sucks. Check the charger with a volt meter to see if it is putting anything out

Nother problem... my volt meters battery is dead also lol.... but I did stick my tongue on the end of it and I can feel a slight tingly sensation lol.... guess I'll invest in a charger....
Any inexpensive ones that can charge just about anything? I seen one in a thread that looked like it could charge lipo nicad nimh ect... and it was around $45 and came with a lot of different connectors....

Do you have a power supply? That makes charger choices a lot wider.....

I just need something that runs of AC and inexpensive...

---------- Post added at 2:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 2:26 AM ----------

This is the charger I was thinking of
http://www.hobbypartz.com/thac6smbachw.html

I may get this one unless there's something cheaper just as good...

---------- Post added at 2:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 2:40 AM ----------

I'm a noob to brushless and lipo stuff, but I want to convert my jrx pro to brushless.....

Well I ordered that charger. From reviews on the internet it seems like a good deal.

ok tried charging the igniter with the ac6 and it says contact broken or something like that. can't remember off hand... anyways it seems to be the igniter, not the charger. anyway to fix the igniter? or what could it be that's not making a contact?

Think I fixed it. There was a lead from the meter that grounds to the cap and wasn't making a good connection. Its charging now. I'll probably solder a wire to that lead directly to the cap.

Glad to hear that you fixed it. That charger should serve you well for what you are doing. Its probably one of the most common "First buys" for people interested in having a good NiXX charger and for people who are just getting into the lipo side of things.

Back