Can I ue a Spektrum S200 for steering servo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

truggy83

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
My nitro stampede had a meeting with a curb. The curb won. One of the things needing replaced was the steering servo. I have a Spektrum S200 servo that came with my DX3E transmitter package. I believe it is digital. Comparing from what I understand between the specs, the S200 has more torque and a quicker response time so it would be better that the Traxxas 2055. My only problem is the extra height to it. Would this cause any problems? Here is an exploded view of the nitro stampede steering so you get an idea how it works if you are not familiar. http://traxxas.com/sites/default/files/4109_explodedviews_front_0.pdf Below is the break down between the servo that comes in the stampede and the extra one I have. Please tell me what you think. I am going to be spending a lot at the hobby shop tomorrow on other replacement parts to get it repaired and if I can save a little money by using the S200 I would be happy. Would the S200 be better that the 2055 and would it work? The length and width differences are very minor and I am sure that won't matter. Just not sure about the height differences though. Thank you for any help you can give me.

Traxxas 2055 High Torque servo

Torque: 6V 86.0 oz in

Speed: 6.0V: 0.20 sec/60°

Length
1.60 in (40.6 mm

Width:
0.80 in (20.3 mm)

Height:
1.43 in (36.3 mm)

Spektrum S200 servo

Torque: 100 oz-in @ 6V

Speed: 0.13 sec/60° @ 6V

Length:1.58 in (40mm)

Width: 0.78 in (20mm)

Height: 1.55 in (39mm)

Last edited:
Well if Macgyer says it's good to use than I know it is for sure. Did I ever tell you Macgyver is my favorite show? I have all the box set dvds and even the two made for tv movies lol. Anyways thanks I will give it a shot.

lol..ya , i think you did :D

as for the servo , as long as its strong enough it should work just fine ...and from the numbers you have , it is a bit stronger ..so your good to go ;)

i have the same traxxas servo as yours for my revo ...(used to be 2 of them , i removed 1 to use as a throttle servo ) ..and it works just fine with just 1

I've got all Traxxas 2070's in my truck. I noticed a big improvement over the 2055. The 2055 is analog and the 2070 is digital so it's faster and stronger

I believe the S200 are digital but I may be wrong. I will definitly keep the 2070's in mind as a upgrade for later.

Back