can i put a big red .28 crank in a losi 454? or a losi 454 piston/sleeve in a big red?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jalikaria24

RC Newbie
Reaction score
The ports of the engine are in the piston/sleeve right? If so, I have a dynamite big red .28 and I also have a parts Losi 454. It seems like the Losi 454 has 8 ports while the big red has 5+1. So I bet that the Losi makes more power then the big red correct? Or is there something else that matters

My Losi is missing a crankshaft so if I put the big red crankshaft in the Losi, I assume i would be making the same amount of power as a stock Losi 454? I believe they are compatible cranks since theh both are sh .28. Or I could also put the piston/sleeve from the losi 454 into the big red but i feel like changing the crank would be easier.

Thanks!

The ports of the engine are in the piston/sleeve right? If so, I have a dynamite big red .28 and I also have a parts Losi 454. It seems like the Losi 454 has 8 ports while the big red has 5+1. So I bet that the Losi makes more power then the big red correct? Or is there something else that matters

My Losi is missing a crankshaft so if I put the big red crankshaft in the Losi, I assume i would be making the same amount of power as a stock Losi 454? I believe they are compatible cranks since theh both are sh .28. Or I could also put the piston/sleeve from the losi 454 into the big red but i feel like changing the crank would be easier.

Thanks!

Not sure ,but SH company had made the Losi & Dynamite engines!

The crankshaft would have to be identical dimentions for that to work but as you said they possibly could be since they are both made by SH. As for the piston/sleeve question I couldnt tell you. I'm way more educated on electrics than I am nitros. I'm all for experimentation though lol

Back