Can i fit a .15 engine on a jato 3.3 with no modifications or with modifications

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joseph123

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2.5 traxxas engine is giving me alot of problems so i wanna know if a .15 nitro engine will fit in the jato 3.3 with or without midifications

Yes but Its cheap to buy a new short block with out carb $65,
I suspect you are having tuning problems with the carb? This always happens and the easiest fix is a fuel filter and cleaning out the carb. Traxxas never includes fuel filters in any nitro kit.

Last edited:
If you can find a small block with pull-start, rear exhaust and a slide carb, it would fit. You may need to figure out a new clutch/clutch nut/pilot shaft and will likely need a different exhaust header as traxxas's is proprietary that doesn't fit anything but traxxas engines.

You could try the dynamite t-maxx engine... not sure how much better it would be... but at least the carb isn't a grabby composite one:
https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...ment-engine-for-traxxas-vehicles/DYN0700.html

It says it works with the stock exhaust, but I'm not sure how since it doesn't have holes for the screws of the traxxas headers.