Can anyone tell me what this is and how to use it

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbiep423

RC Newbie
Reaction score
IMG_20210202_145408614.jpg

that looks like what is called a boost bottle, they dont really do anything, the theory back in the day was to give more area for mixing the fuel and air and to help the engine compensate with fuel and air mixture.
looked good on paper, but in reality it did nothing, thus why they arent used anymore.
if its not leaking air, leave it, or remove it and plug the hole, if it is leaking air, plug the hole.

that looks like what is called a boost bottle, they dont really do anything, the theory back in the day was to give more area for mixing the fuel and air and to help the engine compensate with fuel and air mixture.
looked good on paper, but in reality it did nothing, thus why they arent used anymore.
if its not leaking air, leave it, or remove it and plug the hole, if it is leaking air, plug the hole.
Hahahahaha okay cool ..kinda what I thought it was but I wasn't absolutely certain on how to hook it up ... so I greatly appreciate you responding back and letting me know ...I have been debating on hooking it up on the nitro sport but wasn't sure if it would just cause more problems than its worth ..

Do u know how many head shims are supposed to be on a trx pro.15 by chance do u?

definitely would not recommend adding one to another engine, more possible locations to leak air.
i do not, typically its one head shim, and see how that runs, start with the thickest. if it is running "off" or weird, and really hot quickly, and sounding strange, that means you are getting some pre-det, so would need to add another shim. the tolerances of RTR engines aren't usually as tight, so more leeway to having fewer shims.

It's a boost bottle. If using on a traxxas .15 don't use it. Worthless. As for head shims 2.