Calling All Wii Gamers

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StrechM

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So after taking a 10 year sabbatical from games I went out and picked up a couple wii consoles for the kids XMas presents. I lost intrest past the end of the Doom series.

Do you guys have suggestions for games and additional hardware?

Last edited:
Tony hawk down hill jam is a fun game!

I've also heard good things about foot ball games, but I've never played any of them for the Wii.
Super smash brother braw is going to be a fun game to play around with!

Sorry I can't help much, but thats all I know about the Wii

Be sure to really teach them to USE the wrist strap!! more broken tv stories then I can count!

The only game I have played that I wouldn't suggest is the call of duty 3 game. It has Way glitchy controls but the other games seem fun!

Last edited:
Get Wii Play, it's the cheapest way to get an extra controller plus there's nine games on it. Granted some of them are goofy or you'll never play more than once but the cow racing is just down right freakin hilarious. Big Brain Academy is fun and educational at the same time. Mario Party 8 is a lot of fun too and then there's Carnival Games, just like going to a real carnival minus the degenerates working there! LOL Also Dance Dance Revolution depending on age and gender.

Get Wii Play, it's the cheapest way to get an extra controller plus there's nine games on it. Granted some of them are goofy or you'll never play more than once but the cow racing is just down right freakin hilarious. Big Brain Academy is fun and educational at the same time. Mario Party 8 is a lot of fun too and then there's Carnival Games, just like going to a real carnival minus the degenerates working there! LOL Also Dance Dance Revolution depending on age and gender.
I have two age groups and genders to take into consideration.
The ages are my yougest daughter 8 along with her girlfriends 7-9 then there is my oldest son age 26 who will probably try to teach his oldest son who is 5. I suppose my son will like something that has graphics with blood and guts.

I did order the Mario Party 8 and Ryman Raving Rabbids this morning based on other parents recommendations. Was looking at the Dance Revolution for my daughter but was unsure if I needed to buy the mat for it too.

Is it a good idea to have a Nunchuk with each Wiimote or is it just another waste of money?

Thanks scoobydoo2u, I'll look at those too.

Last edited:
I have two age groups and genders to take into consideration.
The ages are my yougest daughter 8 along with her girlfriends 7-9 then there is my oldest son age 26 who will probably try to teach his oldest son who is 5. I suppose my son will like something that has graphics with blood and guts.

I did order the Mario Party 8 and Ryman Raving Rabbids this morning based on other parents recommendations. Was looking at the Dance Revolution for my daughter but was unsure if I needed to buy the mat for it too.

Is it a good idea to have a Nunchuk with each Wiimote or is it just another waste of money?

Thanks scoobydoo2u, I'll look at those too.

There will be a few games that require you to use the nunchuck.
look online or on the back of your game cases and it should tell you if you need a nunchuck with a certain game.
Sorry I can't tell you much more then that, I looked to see if those games needed nunchucks and I don't think they do but I would check again to be sure!

Get the new Smash brothers when its out, the series itself is a classic. Its a good party game too

The biggest thing about the Wii (in my opinion) is that third party developers are really not at all familiar with the unique control style. If you are looking for games that really get in depth with the controls and such- go for the wii sports packs. Tennis, Baseball and others that are by Nintendo, for Nintendo perform strikingly well on the console and are really meant for family play.

I am also planning on getting the new Smash Brothers when it comes out and would recommend you do the same- WHEN it comes out lol. it has been pushed back twice but that will easily be the top game of next year.

As for the other games- most are ports and if you have played them on any other systems the game is the same with (usually) poor controls and somewhat sub-par graphics.

I have no idea how your kids react to gaming- but I did find a couple good titles- Like RedSteel that made for a fun time. RedSteel uses both controls and seamlessly lets you switch between swinging a sword with the remote and aiming a gun with the nun chuck controller. Rayman and the raving Rabids is also a fin one to pick up- it has well over 50 separate small and interesting games packed onto it and will provide hours and hours of fun.

You know what would be a fun Wii game..
Fishing!

I've never played a fishing game on a Wii before but I bet it sure would be fun!

I doubt your daughter would play it, but if you enjoy fishing get it for her but play it when shes not around!

Score!

Last edited:
I'll agree with everyone who recommended Super Smash Brothers. It looks like a killer game.

Also, Mario Kart Wii is due out in January and will be a must-have.

My lineup is small, but has enough for all of us.

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Absolutely awesome game. Lots of fun and variety of challenges. If you're a Zelda nut, you have to have it.

Rayman Raving Rabids. Good choice. It's made up of something like 80+ mini-games and some are downright hard. So it's good for kids and adults.

Medal of Honor: Vanguard. Well...just leave it on the shelf. If you're into WWII FPS's, I'd wait for something better.

Cooking Mama Cookoff. Wow, that's a weird one. But fun. It's great for kids. And kinda sorta shows them how to cook. It's a bit tough but weirdly fun.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. I'm in the middle of this one now. No doubt the best Wii game I've played. Just a hair better than Zelda.

And for a freebie, you'll be totally addicted to Wii Sports. It is pretty simple, but ya just can't put it down!

DDR has a version that's just the game and you can play with the controller, no fun, loses the concept and the version that comes with the mat for $69. Get the mat, it will provide exercise as well.

Back