Buy now or save to buy later!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OUknow21

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I'm very green in today's RC world. But its got me hooked like being a kid again having all those memories coming flooding back. So since last Christmas I've upgraded everything but the electronics on my sons and I just bought my own one. But I was shown a t maxx 2.5 today and its got a lot of extras to go with it, or so I'm told, just wanting opinion on if its worth thinking about or a complete no go I shouldn't even be thinking about it

Any thing will help thank youp

Nitro is a whole different beast compared to electric. It is hard for me everyday to not get another Nitro. Just be prepared for the cliff your about of addiction your going to go over with nitro vehicles. I have an electric to but I only use it when waiting for parts for my Nitro.

I'm very green in today's RC world. But its got me hooked like being a kid again having all those memories coming flooding back. So since last Christmas I've upgraded everything but the electronics on my sons and I just bought my own one. But I was shown a t maxx 2.5 today and its got a lot of extras to go with it, or so I'm told, just wanting opinion on if its worth thinking about or a complete no go I shouldn't even be thinking about it

Any thing will help thank youp
If it were me Id look at just buying something new or else you run in to the risk that the seller developed an issue he couldnt figure out how to fix and is passing on his mystery problem to you. I would only buy used it you're seasoned and can/want to tackle issues that crop up. Plus you know when you buy the new kit that everything should be fairly gtg right out of the box. You dont have to wonder if theres bearings in the transmission that are seized up and producing enough extra drag that its causing the spur gear to melt and get stripped after 5 minutes of use. That happened to me with a used LST2 I bought once. Drove me crazy for weeks before I finally just had to strip the kit down completely and check every little thing. Not fun

That being said if you take the chance on the old tmaxx 2.5 I'm sure there are still plenty of hop ups out there for it. Its been a very popular kit for a long time. :)

Back