Burnt-out electronics in scx24

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPG

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
Hi,

The issue is that I bought a used scx24. It turned out that it drives (but hardly) backwards and forwards not at all. I've checked the motor ok, voltage output from esc also ok (in both directions). After connecting the servo to channel 2, the servo works normally. It looks like esc is not able to handle the current. I opened the case and see one burnt circuit. Do you know what chip it is? The markings are burned and from the residue I saw there is nothing.

20220103_141543.jpg

20220103_141533.jpg

Attachments

• 20220103_141533.jpg
    20220103_141533.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 71
When you said drive forward/backward, are you talking about with the wheels installed or just the motor disconnected?

When you said drive forward/backward, are you talking about with the wheels installed or just the motor disconnected?
whole car is moving backward but feels very weak, and there is no movement forward what so ever. Even with motor no loaded. Looks like one channel in that chip is burned.

whole car is moving backward but feels very weak, and there is no movement forward what so ever. Even with motor no loaded. Looks like one channel in that chip is burned.
Oh, ok. I'd asked because it seems people make the mistake of tightening the wheel nuts too much. Thus, causing a bind and strain on the motor.

It’s fried, you need a new one, I recommend a Furitek esc and the stock brushed motor with a micro receiver.

Back