bump box acting wierd.. anyone ever seen this?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazybajabuild

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
hey guys, working on the losi 8t and having an issue with the starter box.. has anyone ever seen this? it seems to be getting stuck on sometimes..

Last edited:
She does start easy but please keep in mind bud, we do have some kids that hang out here so the F bomb is not really a good thing.

She does start easy but please keep in mind bud, we do have some kids that hang out here so the F bomb is not really a good thing.
sorry i should have watched that video to edit.. i removed it il make a new video.

Thanks bud, I know we all drop the F bomb once in awhile. Repost another video so these guys can maybe figure out the problem you are having.

EDIT: I've never seen that happen before, strange.
I would also take the cover off and look to see if there isn't metal to metal rubbing together that isn't supposed to be.

Thanks bud, I know we all drop the F bomb once in awhile. Repost another video so these guys can maybe figure out the problem you are having.

EDIT: I've never seen that happen before, strange.
I would also take the cover off and look to see if there isn't metal to metal rubbing together that isn't supposed to be.
thats my next step. but man those truggys start so easy with this box. i may hve to buy a new wheel now

CBBCF28C-99F9-4DC4-B33A-9BFFE7C491D7.jpeg

229E5B81-A2C8-4FD4-BD4F-9D6165F31995.jpeg

The issue with it staying running could be the contacts tack-welding themselves together, not sure what to do about that. It would explain why it doesn't happen when you push harder, because you're either getting enough contact to avoid hot spots, or breaking the tack welds that formed, like when you have to hit it a few times to get it to stop.

The issue with the rubber on the wheel looks like it was slightly misaligned with the truggy at some point, and this created a sideways force on it that pulled the "tire" aside. Maybe you can get it back into its groove, maybe just a new wheel.

I would keep using it until it doesn't work anymore.
Something is hanging up in there. Very strange.

Last edited:
Sounds like a sticky spring. Those boxes have a spring in there that allows the contacts to come together to close the circuit and energize the motor to spin the wheel. Sounds like when you lightly touch it, it's enough to close and engage the motor, but not enough "spring" when you remove your hand to open the circuit and stop the wheel.

Could need a little WD40 to clean any gunk that may make the spring sticky.

I've never torn into a box starter, but my guess is it's just a little mechanical issue going on in there. Tear it down and share some pics. I'm curious.