bully question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revoracer322

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey guys I got my bully put together an its running punk dig with 2 35t motors, now is it normal when one axle is under a little stress to stall for a second, it happens on my back axle a lot just when you first give her throtle it will hesitate, Thanks

also 12t pinions

Thats called Clod stall or berg/bully stall. Order a 13t pinion from rc4wd and it it upfront, or an 11t and put it in back, wich should take care if it for you. It will make the front not as torqy and let the back work closer to at the same time. Alittle stall in the back is actually a really good thing to have but it shouldnt be noticeable really until you are under pressure with both. If they pinion change alone doesn't take care of it enough for you, theres a couple other things to try, but do that first.

Ok i will try that. Thank you for your help. a someone told me you can run regular pinions if you want is that true? Thanks again!

ummm I dont know about using different pinions besides the ones made for bully's, their kinda long compared to regular pinions too, Id stick with them personally....If you have a 45t motor, you can use it in the back with the stock pinion and gain the same thing as changing the pinion out.

Ok ill order some, I just got a cc bec an I have a few questions. . do you have to remove the bec off your esc? an will it work on default settings for a servo? Thanks

Yeah, remove the stock bec wire, if you have a castle esc, its the red wire, just pull it out of the rx plug. I can't remember what the default setting is on teh external bec's but you will need it at 6v or alittle higher.

I have the rooster. do you think it will be the same?

Nevermind, I should start reading before I ask. Thanks again

Last edited:
Stock voltage on a CC BEC is 5.1 volts, you will need a Castle Link to program it with your computer to 6 volts.

Ok so i took the bully out to its first comp today an it became aparent fast that it is way to freaking heavy, do you guys have any ideas on how to shave some weght? besides buying cast axles.lmk Thanks

You should post a pic or something so I know what you are working with. What wheels are you running? Start buying light weight peices when you can afford them, like a case and a set of tubes and just do the rear axle to start.

Last edited:
For wheels I have the proline 8shooters. An I will try to get pics up here soon. thanks

Well you are already running pretty light wheels, so I would start by picking up the machined light weight axle tubes and transmission case for the rear axle, and if you have any weight in your wheels take it out. Here is a link to the two parts.

I think you mean cast.

I think you mean cast.

No I mean machined or at least that is what is says on the RC4WD site.

• CNC machined alum
  • Weight: 69g/2.43oz (Cast Alloy: 164g/5.78)
  • Fit Bully 2.2 and Super Bully
  • Anodized in black

What's included:

• 1x Bully Light Weight Rear Axle Tubes(Black)
The cast hi-lighted in red are the heavy ones^

Lol, my bad, thats what I get for not paying attention to detail lol.

So it will be ok to take all the weight out of the wheels? then I better not end up on my lid huh?lol

So it will be ok to take all the weight out of the wheels? then I better not end up on my lid huh?lol

With as much as the cast axles weigh I think you will be fine as long as you get the lighter weight machined parts for the rear axle, you still want a forward weight bias, that helps to keep the front end down and pulling more and keeps the rear end from wanting to dig in lift the front so much. you also want to have some anti-squat in the rear which helps as well.

Back