Bullet connectors

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexander_0_1

"Roads, where we're going we don't need roads"
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys, I managed to unload a few MERV related extras, and add a little extra funds to the old paypal account, and I was wondering if/do you guys recommend using bullet connectors, I'd kinda like to have the option of swapping out the motor, but if it's going to cause any unwanted resistance that I can other wise avoid, I'd like to know before I do some more ordering.

The connectors in question:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=L5AXVU02&P=7

They should be fine, as that is what Tekin uses on their 1/8 scale ESC/motors.

I always use 6.5mm bullet plugs between my ESC and Motor. Then again I dont race and some racers may say that its a bad idea if your racing but I dont really think so as long as you have a nice beefy ESC. If you are going to use 6.5mm bullet connectors then dont waste money on the Tekin or Castle ones. The HobbyKing ones work just fine and they are compatible with the Tekin and Castle connectors and they are a fraction of the price.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=43875

Dammit, I just placed that order this morning 6am Canadian mountain standard time, I knew I should have waited for a day for more replies.

Thanks hamz9561, Greywolf74 much appreciated

yeah no worries I used to waste lots of money on Castle bullets until I stumbled across the ones on HK and decided to order a pack and check them out. Theyre virtually identical and I've had no issues with them or using them with my CC bullets. The only difference is just that the solder cup on the end of the HK ones is half open on one side but that has no bearing on anything.

Back