Built In Gyro Reciever

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpeedyBooty

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Would a receiver with a built in gyro work as well as a standalone gyro?
For rwd drift car

all gyros work the same.builtin or add on .you can bash with a gyro but not be legal i race

Yes, the best gyro I have used is from KO Propo:
https://klinikrc.com/shop-1/ols/products/ko-propo-kr-212fhg-gyro-system-receiver

Many entry level radio systems offer a single channel gyro for steering only, but the KO Propo system offers a dual channel so you can apply gain independently between steering and throttle.

Not sure if Spektrum improved their gyro but the one I tested from them would apply the same amount of gain to both steering and throttle which forced the car to go too slow and caused more harm than good.

With the KO Propo I found the sweet spot to be between 10%-25% gain for steering and 5%-10% gain on throttle all depending on track conditions. I never found both gains to use the same setting ever.

Once you get the gyro set properly, you will quickly realize it's like cheating and makes perfect drifts every time. I tested the KO Propo gyro on an outdoor loose pack track when it first came out and everyone at the track was amazed at the difference it made and we all knew why these are banned from racing. It's very easy to check if someone has an active gyro so we never had a problem with people abusing it.

If you decide to buy a cheap system which only has the steering gyro, you can simply add a second external gyro for the throttle separately as well.

Back