Building a drivers Stand

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey Guys,

Working on the drivers stand this weekend. It is 8' x 4' , 5' off the ground with a roof. This is as far as we got then it started to rain. Hopefully finish it tomorrow. Here are a few pics.....

IMG_20130608_083358_345_zps47c17ead.jpg

IMG_20130608_125634_055_zps621b6527.jpg

IMG_20130608_125523_741_zpse4fe93ac.jpg

Really nice, congrats...

Thanks for posting the awesome pics.

That thing looks sick!!, Great Job guys!!
You will enjoy that for a long time. Seal it good...

Have Fun!!

Chas

Thanks Man!! After we finish and the wood dries out a bit I plan on hitting it good with a few coats of Thompson's water seal. I am hoping we can get it finished tomorrow. Although with all the rain the track is very muddy so trying it out is probably out of the question. I will post more pics tomorrow!

Surprise for some

Happy Days

Imagine the look on a few faces when they see that erected for the first time!!
Charge admission till it's paid off. Smile

Chas

Happy Days

Imagine the look on a few faces when they see that erected for the first time!!
Charge admission till it's paid off. Smile

Chas

The thought has crossed my mind! LOL Lumber is not at all cheap these days. I thought about trex but that was unreal expensive!

One Dollar a visit

Even If you only charged a minimal fee, it would still be payed off well before fall...
& that should last a few good long seasons, if maintained.

It will/could be a very Nice deer stand in Fall too? Smile

Chas

Now, dig a hole on the other side of the track behind the stand, fill it with water stock it with some fish put a grill on the stand with a cooler and have a party.:D

Let it all hang out...

Well yeah, if You want to look at it, that way!! hahaha

No wonder there aren't more females around here.

Chas

Hey guys.....finished the stand today! I have to put some lattice between the rails....but it is definitely ready to race! Here are some more pictures.

IMG_20130609_064040_525_zpsf15140aa.jpg

IMG_20130609_074113_421_zps9e5d6574.jpg

IMG_20130609_085159_850_zpsd20d8f38.jpg

IMG_20130609_085211_109_zps0e519820.jpg

IMG_20130609_105627_786_zps4814553f.jpg

IMG_20130609_105644_115_zps599a8cf7.jpg

IMG_20130609_150039_709_zps783cf8e9.jpg

IMG_20130609_150103_145_zpsdcd0e034.jpg

That's professional looking

My dad was a foreman for a major construction company, all my youth and I have studied millwork/carpentry.
So this is coming from someone with actual building credentials:

Really fine job, great design and awesome finishing carpentry.
Clean up the debris, Seal it good, Paint her and voila...
Then crack a long bottle or cheap magnum of Champaign upon her...

You should be very proud!!

Chas

Thanks man! I wish I could take all the credit but I asked my dad to come over to help and he is a master carpenter by trade. I couldn't have made it look that good without him! Hopefully I can get it sealed next weekend. I am very excited and hope it will provide years of fun!

Next thing to do is put up a jumbo tron, you know for the closeups.:D

And for instant replays of that most agonizing crash. The stand looks great, but it really needs an RCNT banner to be perfect.

Sent from my padded cell...

Thanks guys! I am very happy how it turned out! I would display an RCNT banner with pride if I had one!

Next thing to do is put up a jumbo tron, you know for the closeups.:D

I could just see the wife now if I asked to buy that! She wasn't too happy with what it cost to build it as it stands now. I think the JumboTron would send her off the deep end! LOL

Only in it for the money

With the great way that stand turned out, and I haven't seen the finished one yet, you guys could easilly go into a small side business. Building decks and fences, even garden sheds. Just by looking at the steps you built, that's top notch stuff. Carpentry can and does pay big buck, especially if you can design something that is a little different from the normal packages out there.

I realize this was a work of love, but some one, owes someone else a nice dinner,,,.

Chas

I could just see the wife now if I asked to buy that! She wasn't too happy with what it cost to build it as it stands now. I think the JumboTron would send her off the deep end! LOL

Tell her she could watch her soaps on it when you're not racing.... :D