buggy wont start? help..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sully1991

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ok so i bought a secondhand buggy today before i bought it it was starting first pull. got it home started first pull ran for 5 seconds now wont start any ideas? or anything you guys can tell me to do?

The guy(or gal) you bought it from made it run too rich or too lean for it to start for you, now the glow plug is fowled? Did you try and put a new plug in it? How is the temp of the engine when it is running? A lot of blue smoke coming out of the pipe? It the pull start easy to pull( No Resistance?) What kind of buggy is it?

I'd seal the engine before going any further. Pick up some new fuel lines and a couple glow plugs. Make sure the fuel system is sealed, including the tank cap. Make sure the exhaust is sealed. Couplers are prone to leak after time. Find the factory carb settings, heat the engine up with a hairdryer and give it a go. Remember to make sure the ignitor is fully charged as well.