Brushless Pede + 3S Lipo = Shocking

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPIguy

Durability Tester
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
OK, so I knew these things were fast, but being a nitro guy I just didn't think they would have the b***s the nitro cars have. Boy was I wrong! It finally got warm enough today to get it out with the lipos, and I still can't get over not only the speed, but the instant on demand torque these things make at any time and any speed, and this is just a stock Velineon setup. I can't imagine some of the sick crazy custom brushless setups guys are running out there. And my nice minty new body...........not so much now LOL.

Pics? I am pondering selling off the Slash and going something brushless. Maybe the 4x4 Slash. It's insane what a leap in power the new technology has brought to the hobby.

At my local tracks, they make the electrics run separately from the nitros so that the nitros don't get so badly embarrassed. Brushless and LiPo will put a grin on your face every time. That's about all I run these days. The only things I have that isn't a brushless are my Baja 5b and my dNano.

Pics? I am pondering selling off the Slash and going something brushless. Maybe the 4x4 Slash. It's insane what a leap in power the new technology has brought to the hobby.

Pics are here RC

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77533

Why not just throw a Velineon setup in the Slash? The tranny is already set up to handle it out of the box, and if you shop around you can get the ESC and motor combo for $130 online. That's definately the treatment mine will be getting now......SOON. I love my slash, it's tough as nails, and should handle much better too.

At my local tracks, they make the electrics run separately from the nitros so that the nitros don't get so badly embarrassed. Brushless and LiPo will put a grin on your face every time. That's about all I run these days. The only things I have that isn't a brushless are my Baja 5b and my dNano.

That pretty much says it all. If I could keep the front down (I'll fix that next week BTW) this thing would walk all over my Savvy and it's no slouch itself. I definately had a big crap eating grin, I was wheelying the whole parking lot once I got it down at any speed I wanted.....it's like RC crack. I want a 5B soooooooooo bad.

Why not just throw a Velineon setup in the Slash? The tranny is already set up to handle it out of the box, and if you shop around you can get the ESC and motor combo for $130 online. That's definately the treatment mine will be getting now......SOON. I love my slash, it's tough as nails, and should handle much better too.
Here you go, Velineon 3s notice we were giggling like girls:D

Last edited by a moderator:
might as well just throw some wings on that bad boy and get a pilots license.
dang.

I am looking REAL hard at the 4x4 Slash. Good thing Tower is out of stock.....

Back