Brushless combos?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The X10 is ok for on road cars, and light off road 2WD buggies, but are way to light for a 4WD SCT. You might be OK with an X8 4 or 4.5, but, they might be too big for the Slash chassis, since they are more for 1/8TH scale stuff. When looking for motors, KV isnt the only thing you have to cosnider. Motor size also plays a part in it, and, if you look at the X10, they are a 3652, which is too light for a 4WD anything, except maybe a buggy. I have a 3652 in a 2WD SCT, and the only way to get any real speed out of it, it has to have a large pinion, which just then caused the motor to run hot. For a 4WD Slash, you need to stick with a 3650 in 3300-3500KV, or a 3660 in 3500-3800KV. Take a look at the different 4WD SCT's (Traxxas, Losi, Team Associated, Tekno, for example), and see what they are running stock for brushless, and use that as a starting point.
Think I'm gonna have to stick to brushed for a little longer then.
There are pros and cons to a brushed and brushless system. the biggest difference is:

Brushed:
  • Cheaper
  • smoother power at low speeds. Great for rock crawling.
Brushless:
  • Longer run times.
  • motor lasts a heck of a long time. people get years of life on one motor.
  • more consistent power.
  • no frequent servicing required.
On that note, the Hobbywing WP 1060 brushed ESC is a pretty good one. I had one of those in a Slash 2wd for a while before I bumped it to brushless. You can put some pretty fast motors on it as well.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbywing-quicrun-1060-1-10-brushed-esc-hwa30120201/p-qtavtqrqtb2xactz?msclkid=00f50e8528551fcf8bb06f05189366dc&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=AH - Shopping PLA - INSTOCK -Desktop - Brand&utm_term=4585513247924927&utm_content=Cars & Trucks

https://www.amainhobbies.com/reedy-radon-2-3slot-brushed-motor-15t-asc27425/p-qqzwtztqbmzxactz
Does the HW 1060 work on 12t 550 motor?

It says they are made with Hobbywing, and is a cheaper alternative to HW
Bud if need be save up your money to get the rite set. Don't try to cut corners just to make it happen. You will end up spending more $$ in the long run...

Gonna go with the HW 1060 brushed ESC then for now and see how long the brushes will last I guess. Just not sure if the ESC works with Traxxas 12T 550 motor

Think I'm gonna have to stick to brushed for a little longer then.

Does the HW 1060 work on 12t 550 motor?

Nope. Not with a 3s. You were talking about swapping out your motor.

Like mentioned earlier, it's best to save up and get what you want. I've been there. I would spend hours looking for the cheapest option and for and experienced person to approve these choices as being good. I've dropped hard earned money on cheap stuff hoping it will work, but ended up losing that money because the parts turned out to be crap and the warranty sucks. Plan on dropping $150 for a good esc and motor combo. That combo will outlast your truck and can be installed in future vehicles.

Nope. Not with a 3s. You were talking about swapping out your motor.

Like mentioned earlier, it's best to save up and get what you want. I've been there. I would spend hours looking for the cheapest option and for and experienced person to approve these choices as being good. I've dropped hard earned money on cheap stuff hoping it will work, but ended up losing that money because the parts turned out to be crap and the warranty sucks. Plan on dropping $150 for a good esc and motor combo. That combo will outlast your truck and can be installed in future vehicles.
Would swap out the motor after the traxxas one dies, can't really use it without changing esc atm, just want to know if the HW 1060 brushed esc would work with 12t for a little bit.

The most expensive part you can buy is the cheapest part you buy...and buy.. and buy.. and buy.. think about it 🤔
Kinda like getting into racing, right? I tried to go the cheapest route, but after a couple months or racing, I maxed out the cars capabilities. I had to upgrade some things and ended up costing me a lot more than if I would have purchased the right stuff the first time.

Kinda like getting into racing, right? I tried to go the cheapest route, but after a couple months or racing, I maxed out the cars capabilities. I had to upgrade some things and ended up costing me a lot more than if I would have purchased the right stuff the first time.
You got it.. most of the time it's not worth going cheap. You will only end up spending the money in the end. And then your out all the money you spent going cheap. And then you will be pist or aggravated because you know you could have done it the rite way in the beginning but decided to go the cheap route..

kinda like buying wheels and tires that aren't mounted. The prep work of gluing them and finding they are not straight and wobble like crazy, really sucks. Just spend a couple dollars more and get them pre-mounted.

Not sure why but i see a Traxxas VXL-3s system for 170€ and usually its over 200, do they make smaller ones or something?

Back