broken outdrives

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowngreen

Robmob is a Californian.
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
well i just broke my front outdrive for my dig, i broke the rear outdrive about a month ago and just replaced it with an axial outdrive wich is holding up fine but wtf? is this commin? i also broke two outdrives on my stock tranny.

Glad I'm not the only one that had a less than great weekend with the crawlers...

Is the outdrive you broke an alloy Axial one or a steel one?

its one of the DNA dig ones, i assume its steel. the axial one is holding up just fine.

Electro dig is the way to go imo

That does suck man, Don will replay your parts I am sure.

yeah I'm planning on some bergs i just wanted to get as much crawling in before the g damn snow falls wich isnt far off. i was hoping i had an extra threaded out drive to slap on but i dont so my crawler might be done for now.....

i ran some chromoly outdrives on my axial tranny. i forget where i got them, but they are available.

ok thanks savage, i might have to look into some of those.

The Toyz normally has the SS ones,I just got a set from them last week.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128092

5MMoutput007.jpg

yeah i was looking at those earlier. should be pretty tuff. I'm just kinda in a bind thinking if i should keep dropping mooola into her or just save and berg it.....pickle

You Berg wusses all give up to easily. :p: :p: :D

Those Chromoly ones look really hard, but they are also a 6mm fitting so you'll need new center shafts, Traxxas ones work well apparently. Dunno what you do at the other end on the diffs tho? Maybe fit 5mm to 6mm adapters? Just another grub screw to fall off IMHO.

yeah i just bought some stock axials (again) and that should get me by for now.......Yes Ron i know i know lol, I'm planning a berg now so i just want old rusty to be back to running before i start a new project.....but i am planning a berg fo sho.

Sinistir makes nice outdrives as does CDW, stock replacement cromolys that work great with the MIP shafts.

I told you to contact Don and he would replace them before and you never did, and you would have had a spare when you broke the other one.

Sinistir makes nice outdrives as does CDW, stock replacement cromolys that work great with the MIP shafts.

I told you to contact Don and he would replace them before and you never did, and you would have had a spare when you broke the other one.

I did and never got a response and then tried again but couldnt get the "contact us" button to work on their web site.

You need to get on the crawler forum and shoot him a PM or use the customer service thread. They hooked me up with tons of stuff the last time I asked to buy something just to help me out. Great guys to deal with at DNA.