Redcat Landslide XTE squatting in rear

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cleaning Goblin

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
My redcat landslide got new shocks a bit ago because I broke a couple. Now the new rear shocks can't hold up the weight of the truck, pressing down on the rear causes it to not rise back up. I've adjusted the little nut thing that makes the spring more tense, and it's still not enough. I also tried both thick and thin oil, neither helping much.

What would be the best way to remedy this? These are shocks designed specifically for this truck.

If this is a new problem that just started occurring, then I would remove the shocks and inspect for any binding where the suspension arms should move freely. If there is any binding, then chances are you may have a bent pin or possibly a bent shock shaft that may need to be replaced :(

Sounds like you need stiffer springs
Thanks for the advice, I'll look into some new springs or something
If this is a new problem that just started occurring, then I would remove the shocks and inspect for any binding where the suspension arms should move freely. If there is any binding, then chances are you may have a bent pin or possibly a bent shock shaft that may need to be replaced :(
Well, this problem only occurred after replacing the old broken shocks with new ones.

Are you using the old springs or new ones?
New ones. The new ones aren't ablebtobhold the trucks weight. The old ones do, but are severely damaged and probably won't handle a sketchy landing.

Try putting the old springs on the new shocks. Did you add enough oil and did you bleed the new shocks?

Maybe if that nut can't go any lower, you could try to stiffen the spring even more by adding some zipties? Mostly it's still possible. Sorry if you are more of a racer

Back