Brand new Axial Wraith!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobaloohoo

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
This was right after I ran it for the first time, before i made any modifications! First run was a blast!!! I've now located my battery to the front, hinged my hood so it opens like a real jeep, lowered my suspension, put a savox 200oz servo in it and flipped the shock/four link mounts upside down for a longer wheelbase and more articulation. Buying me a 2s LiPo tomorrow for some more fun! this wraith is a blast already!

Attachments

• 10515302_717835451623799_1955647243167725507_o.jpg
    10515302_717835451623799_1955647243167725507_o.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 228
It looks like fun!
Though there's very little rock around my area.

very little rocks around here also, but we have a creekside area we always go to and there are multiple hills and some hills that havent even been able to get up. This thing is a beast.. not gonna touch my savage for a while

This thing is a beast.. not gonna touch my savage for a while

Not gonna touch the Wheelie Machine for a while? Well that's a shame.

Wriath looks cool too. Have fun.

Going to get some vid uploaded on the Wraith also?

This was right after I ran it for the first time, before i made any modifications! First run was a blast!!! I've now located my battery to the front, hinged my hood so it opens like a real jeep, lowered my suspension, put a savox 200oz servo in it and flipped the shock/four link mounts upside down for a longer wheelbase and more articulation. Buying me a 2s LiPo tomorrow for some more fun! this wraith is a blast already!

very little rocks around here also, but we have a creekside area we always go to and there are multiple hills and some hills that havent even been able to get up. This thing is a beast.. not gonna touch my savage for a while

Excellent! Another one converted to the Dark Side!

Excellent choice for a rock racer, fun, fast and big size is always enjoyable in an RC.

no touching the wheely machine for a while @wwit:/ BUT on the bright side, got 2S LiPo on the wraith, met up with my dad and made some clips running hsi deadbolt and my wraith it was a blast, ill make a video from it and it will be up by sometime tomorrow. i got an out-take on the video of me crossing a creek and the water was too deep in the rapids and my wraith starting to slowly float downstream but it made it back in time! it was an absolute blast. I'm in the rock racing business for the long run

Last edited by a moderator:
That's why I picked up my newest rig, the Twin Hammers. It's a ton of fun on the dirt and looks to be good on the rocks as well.

oooo nice, the twin hammers looks like a solid rig too! I've not really looked into one

Here is a video of an outting with the pops!

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoever was runnin the black truck sure subscribes to the mantra "Pin it to win it!"
Looks like you'all had a blast, great video.

lol that was me, I'm a throttle junkie.. i own a nitro, so of course i am haha

So i ran into a huge problem with my wraith and I'm stumped. I was running my wraith through some heavy mud the other day and it burnt the motor out(no surprise to me) it was a heavy load by the time the motor went up in smoke. I went out and bought a 27 turn after it burnt out so less stress would be on my motor from crawling, well i was out running it around through some rocks and crawling yesterday and my brand new motor started smoking within 12 minutes of running! I'm running 2s 35C lipo through my ESC and its not over the max ratings so thats good, I really need help as to why this motor over heated.

Last night i took apart my tranny and loosened the gear mesh a little to see if it helps, havent ran it yet but I will see if anything else is binding or is too tight later.

Can anyone help me out here and give me some info?
(No I dont have weights or anything on it and I'm running a 180OZ savox digital corless servo with 2s lipo, stock ESC and 27T)

Check the driveline for binding. That's the only thing that I can think of that would cause that to happen. You might also want to make sure that there is some grease in the diffs and that the bearings are clean.

thanks a lot man, gonna check all this when i go home and spray out all the gears with nitro spray and greese em up.

Back