Brake discs...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
How long should a brake disc typically last? When I had my kit apart a couple days ago I noticed they seemed really worn. The pads are adjusted right, car wasn't braking on its own. Though I will say that with 5k diff fluid the roll isn't quite what I would like it to be. See lots of peeps recommending like 10k and higher and different weights for each. May start messing with diff fluid weights to see how it effects things. On a different note I was out with the kids doin some good old bashing. Driving in short grass and on a dry dirt road. Big mistake, my baby is crazy dirty now!!!! :eek::cry::mad: Lol. Crazy thing, lost the nut holding one of my rear shocks, and the screw. Then as I was trying to rig the shock with another nut and washer I ending up loosing the plastic wing mount brace thing that fits across the top of the stand offs (wing towers). Grrrrrrrrr... Note to self don't trust lock nuts with silicon inserts to stay locked. Now where's my locktite???

My brake disks have lasted ages- but they weren't cheap. I just tighten the pads until its sufficient. You don't want instant breakage (is that a word?) or else you will put strain on everything else and end up ruining your tires.

Right, I have mine set so they don't lock up instantly. Ever use the abs feature on transmitters? I haven't tried it but I can see it being useful for races.

Right, I have mine set so they don't lock up instantly. Ever use the abs feature on transmitters? I haven't tried it but I can see it being useful for races.
I can see it being very useful, but I've never heard of it before on an RC car!

I can see it being very useful, but I've never heard of it before on an RC car!
I mean it's just a function of the transmitter, makes the throttle/brake servo pulse the brakes with fast, medium and slow settings. But its effect is ever present, meaning it doesn't wait to kick in if the wheels lock up but starts as soon as you brake. Still, might use it at the track if/when I start racing.

I mean it's just a function of the transmitter, makes the throttle/brake servo pulse the brakes with fast, medium and slow settings. But its effect is ever present, meaning it doesn't wait to kick in if the wheels lock up but starts as soon as you brake. Still, might use it at the track if/when I start racing.
if it improves performance use it, if not turn it on- even if it's just a gimmick...it gains you bragging rights :p

if it improves performance use it, if not turn it on- even if it's just a gimmick...it gains you bragging rights :p
Nahh it's on just about all the transmitters these days. Can't wait for my next practice day at the track though!!! Once I get comfortable with my kit definitely going to start racing in the local events. Only question is who is going to be my pit guy???

Nahh it's on just about all the transmitters these days. Can't wait for my next practice day at the track though!!! Once I get comfortable with my kit definitely going to start racing in the local events. Only question is who is going to be my pit guy???
Use somebody that likes getting a face full of exhaust fumes...

We found a pit crew volunteer for you...

1409141075145_wps_2_dmvidpics_2014_08_27_at_1.jpg

Thats no pit guy...Thats just the guy that was standing behind Rolex when he farted o_O

Back