Bought A New Ride Today!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Çh®i§tiªñ

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok - So I couldnt wait til Christmas.... Looks like Ill just get a buggy or a serpent for the holiday.

Meantime, I picked up the AE RC10TC3 2031 OnRoad car kit today. Its the pro 4wd 2peed edition of the Nitro TC3. Made to accommodate the bumpstart rear port exhaust.

Should keep me busy for a while. Now if only I could decide what mill...........

:cheers:

I'm right behind you, ill have one In a month or so.
Let me know how you likeit and any building tips.

how much did it cost you???

where u get it from fields? dounds sweet tho i wanna get a street car.

Fantom makes a great engine. They have non pull start variants of all there engines, and can be made bump start ready easily. Although I am kind of curious what mods need to be made to an engine to make it bump start ready. Matts, want to enllighten us. I was under the impression that any engine could be bump started.

With the right flywheel/engine mount seems like they all should be able to be bumpstarted.

That's kind of what I thought. But Matts implied that a bumpstart engine was special in some way. Just wanted to make sure.

Originally posted by matts6887
Mill you ask??? How about a os 12 or 15 or the Fantom 12 or 15? I think but I'm not 100% positive that Fantom makes a bumpstart 15. If not then I know for sure its the 12 that they make in bumpstart for sure.

Fantom does make a bump start .15 its the one without a pull start. Iv only seen one in a street car and it was fast:D

Yes I purchased it at Fields Hobby in Buffalo. Thats where I try to take all of my business. Good people and GREAT prices!

In regards to the bumpstart AND rear exhaust (thats the model of car I bought, requires this engine type only) I was think of the OS TR line or even possibly a Picco. I will have to do some research on the rear exhaust bump Fantom .15. I want to stay in the .15 line on this car. I'm looking for as much BANG as I can get. The goal is to have a 60mph+ car.

:thumbsup:

If your looking for speed go with a .12. You will find a lot to choose from. .15 will give you torque but this car doesn’t need a lot of it.

The .12TR is a great solid performer but other engines will rip it apart in the top end for overall speed/RPM. The FR.12. RB .12 or Piccos should be looked at.

So then the TR or Picco line is a good start - I have to find some guys with experience with the Fantom in the TC3 4wd version and see how they like it.

My LHS said today he has a 'surprise' for me next time I go in (Monday). So lets see what mill he throws at me. He tells me its steady freddy under 200 and a haul ass performer.

We shall see.........

Back