Bought a Couple Planks, I Mean Planes

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPIguy

Durability Tester
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Picked up a couple UMX planes at the hobby shop while I was visiting my parents over the holiday weekend. Both were used, but in great shape and work fine.

I have them both setup in my radio, DR and expo settings, and have verified that all control surfaces move the proper direction, etc. Going to take the P-51 out this weekend, I'll probably wait a bit on the Polecat and see how I do with the Mustang first. I flew cubs all summer thanks to friends at the club (I didn't own any of them), and while they flew fine and I did fine flying them, I'm more used to coordinated turns with ailerons from the helis, so hopefully I'll do okay with these.

My favorite plane of all time, always has been, couldn't say no

P1120112copy_zps7263594f.jpg

P1120115copy_zps4e492f2f.jpg

The Mustangs are nice little birds to fly. You will need to let it cool down after flying a pack or you can toast the motor.

I'll be sure to do that, thanks hamz! I will probably fly them in between FPV quad flights. May even drag the helis out, and just fly all dang day Saturday, weather is supposed to be great.

Both nice models

I hope they will fly for you, as fine as they both look.

Good luck and many happy landings. Much enjoyment...

I'm still very happily surprised my interest has gone in this direction of RC flying and the surface models too.

Chas

I have both of those. Fun little planes.

Thanks everyone. Still haven't flown either of them, as the wind has been really bad here this spring. Hopefully it will calm down once it warms up and summer gets here.

Wind has been crazy here, too. Fortunately, as3x handles windy pretty well on my new heli.

Simmer down wind

Looking forward to progress report, and perhaps even a nice video or three.
Hope all is well in your neck of the woods and that you too are looking forward to some flying fun.

Sorry to hear about your windy conditions guys, that's something we all dislike in the RC flying community.

Better days ahead!!

Chas

Nice dude, i need to come down that way one day and fly with you, i havent had mine off the ground but once, didnt end to well......lol its ready for another flight though.

Thanks guys, now it seems that it rains every weekend when I'm off work. I think summertime has been cancelled this year. Come on out Patrick, you know you're welcome anytime.

FYI, Horizon Hobby is releasing a new version of the UMX P-51D Mustang this month that looks even more scale than your little bird, HPIGuy.

I think i want something smaller, like the polecat or similar the big p51 i have is a PITA to get in the truck to make a quik run to the field.

FYI, Horizon Hobby is releasing a new version of the UMX P-51D Mustang this month that looks even more scale than your little bird, HPIGuy.

Yes, and it has AS3X tech onboard too. Looks like a nice little bird, and with the AS3X it should fly like a much larger bird.

I think i want something smaller, like the polecat or similar the big p51 i have is a PITA to get in the truck to make a quik run to the field.

Yeah, big planes can be tough to transport. If I ever get to fly these, I'll let you know how they do.

Back