body dye???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmaxxman58

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I've used RIT dye to dye rpm a arms for my tmaxx and recently bought a clear tmaxx body. was wondering if any had ever tried to dyed a body and if it works?

Hey came across this post... Sorry never I've never tried this... And I know its off topic but would u mind telling how exactly do u go about dying it a arms? This sounds like a great project for me to try. I have a traxxas JATO 3.3 I just recently got into this hobby last year n the only thing that really bumbs me out oz the lack of colors to choose from. Also will the step u took to dye the arms work dor other plastic parts? Again I apologize for going off topic... And thanks for n e advise you can give me.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

Ouch Talk about thread robbing!!!

Tmaxxman - While I've never tried it I would think that the RPM stuff is an injection molding process to where the "plastic" would still be pourous so it would absorb the coloring unlike the lexan body that doesn't have the same type of porousity to absorb it. What about trimming a small piece off the bottom and trying it?? Just a thought.

MIGz - you can youtube the process and come up with some decent how to's on the subject. I've done a few and didnt really care for the process but thats me. More times than not the color is either to "pastel" or inconsistent from batch to batch. Good luck with the research!!

I'm into lacrosse and you do this to the sticks and i do it alot and it is the same as the a arms. Just go to you tube and search how to dye rpm or how to dye a lacroose head. its very simple.

Looks a similar technique to painting real fire. Check out the sticky at the top of this section.

i dont have a any air brushing stuff and this was all done with a few bottles or RIT dye and some eletrical tape.

i dont have a any air brushing stuff and this was all done with a few bottles or RIT dye and some eletrical tape.

You can do the same with rattle can too. I'm not sure how well the dye would would on thin, clear lexan.

Back