Proline Ford Raptor Body & Traxxas Body Accessories Kit - Compatible?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdecesari

RCTalk Racer
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Has anyone tried fitting the Traxxas Body Accessories Kit, Part 5828 to the Proline Ford Raptor body PRO351600?
I'm looking to put this body on an Axial Basecamp to replace the original body that's been beat up, trimmed, etc.
Thanks for any feedback.

IMG_2890.jpeg

might be .all body makers use there own molds.so it might be a big miss or snap right on

Being ones a shortcourse I'm assuming they are off some. By any chance do you own a 3d printer?

Being ones a shortcourse I'm assuming they are off some. By any chance do you own a 3d printer?
No & I am not sure one is in my near future either. I do wonder about the problem solving ability that could be realized around the house by owning one, though. Maybe someone has created files for this application? Would Shapeways be the place to go to check that out?

I have the Traxxas Raptor body on a 2wd (LCG) setup - cobbled together from a Drag Slash chassis.

The side mirrors probably wouldn't be difficult to mount but the grill and hood insert are made to fit a molded in recess in the Traxxas body. The Proline won't have those, so the Traxxas parts will either sit high (on top of the plastic) or you'll need to do some cutting on the body to get them to fit correctly.

Z8Bns1j.jpg

T8Y1imR.jpg

I have the Traxxas Raptor body on a 2wd (LCG) setup - cobbled together from a Drag Slash chassis.

The side mirrors probably wouldn't be difficult to mount but the grill and hood insert are made to fit a molded in recess in the Traxxas body. The Proline won't have those, so the Traxxas parts will either sit high (on top of the plastic) or you'll need to do some cutting on the body to get them to fit correctly.

Z8Bns1j.jpg

T8Y1imR.jpg
Thanks for the pics. It’s probably not worth it to cut the proline body to fit those parts. I was hopeful, but it looks and sounds like I need to reevaluate my plan.

Back