Boat CPR

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WideOpen

RCTalk Addict
Supporter
Reaction score
Well I just gave CPR to an old T-Maxx Classic 2.5 - drug it out of the attic, was my sons, and it is ready to add fuel and fire. So - with all my new found knowledge, I pulled his old boat down...here we go!
Post automatically merged:

First thing I discovered - the engine is froze up solid too, just like the T-Maxx was.

Attachments

• RC Boat.jpg
    RC Boat.jpg
    430 KB · Views: 91
That's going to be a great project. I hope you can get her running.

of course the piston and crank are locked in place but other than that everything is tore apart and soaking overnight

This is a Kyosho GT engine - any idea where to find a gasket and O-ring kit at for this and the carburetor?
And - how do I know what size engine this is?

Last edited:
Found the old owners manual in the attic "Radio Controlled .16 Engine Powered High Performance Sport Boat"
But you are not off the hook, Team; I still need gaskets and seals for the engine and carburetor.... ;)

I'm tell'n ya boy's - I just ain't feel'n the love on this one. Throw out something a little tuff and everybody runs from old Dan. I'm hurt.

Well you being one of the Big Shots around here, it's high time you learned. I am learning.

Well you being one of the Big Shots around here, it's high time you learned. I am learning.
lol, I dont consider myself a bigshot. I'm just here to try and help and learn where I can. Theres quite a few guys in here that have been in the hobby way long than me and have more overall knowledge especially about nitro) than I do. I just know a fair bit about electroincs and batteries.

I wouldnt mind having a boat if I had a place to run it. Id have to drive 45-60 minutes to get to any sizable body of water. thats not the Ohio River lol
I try to pick up what I can here in the forums though :)

So, I can measure for my O-Rings and I bought some 1/64 Felpro gasket material, I will cut my own gaskets. For the fuel cell, I will cut it at the seam, repair the plunger, and glue it back together.

Decided on something different on the fuel cell - I will keep looking for one; but, until I find one I plan to reinstall this one, as is; after I clean it up with some denatured alcohol, which I am doing now. I will reinstall it, plug off the top hole from the primer pump, and prime it as a couple of my good advisors suggested above.

You can try some Green slime lube on the o-rings if they arent too badly petrified ,as
far as fuel cell ,try a small 4 oz airplane tank with fuel style filter clunk!.. :thumbs-up: