BIG NEWS - Horizon Hobby has now taken over Trinity Racing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Not sure if this is a good or bad thing?

From HH Facebook:
Horizon Hobby, LLC (“Horizon Hobby”) has entered into an agreement to acquire the assets of Trinity Corp, LLC. (“Trinity Racing”), a premier developer and manufacturer of radio-control (“RC”) hobby racing accessories. Founded in 1980 by Ernest (“Ernie”) Provetti in Brooklyn, NY, Trinity has specialized in creating world-class brushless motors, battery technology, and accessories for RC racers who demand the absolute best in performance.
"I am thrilled to announce the acquisition of Trinity Racing. Trinity’s rich history in innovating championship race products strengthens Horizon’s commitment to RC racing. This acquisition ensures that Team Trinity and its legacy are preserved. We look forward to seeing Team Trinity continue to win at all levels of RC racing. Additionally, this strengthens Horizon Hobby’s ability to offer the winningest brands in RC.” said Chris Dickerson, CEO of Horizon Hobby.
Terms of the agreement were not disclosed and more information will be available soon. Trinity products will be available through Horizon Hobby’s sales channels by mid-July 2023.
View the full press release here https://horizonhobby.cc/trinityracing

#horizonhobby #trinityrc #rcracing

356848076_639379851559744_115916593395268126_n.jpg

Lets see what they can mess up now? Hopefully they can still make good race grade products like they "used" too.
Maybe it will be just fine? HH makes good products, its just that they can't seem to keep them in stock. Or being able to keep producing them.

That is exactly what they do. They make high end parts for the hardcore racing crowd.
Oh that's why I haven't heard of them, I'm in the low rent racing crowd. ;)

Having been acquired a few times, I can attest to it's typically not good for them. New rules, new mission, new budget. Hopefully they keep the quality up. However, I think Horizon as a whole has done well with to keep brands true and unencumbered. The Arrma stuff is good, probably over engineered a bit, but that's OK with me. The other brands seem to stand alone and do well.

The reality is HH is trying to compete with the likes of Traxxas and their marketing machine.

Oh that's why I haven't heard of them, I'm in the low rent racing crowd. ;)

Having been acquired a few times, I can attest to it's typically not good for them. New rules, new mission, new budget. Hopefully they keep the quality up. However, I think Horizon as a whole has done well with to keep brands true and unencumbered. The Arrma stuff is good, probably over engineered a bit, but that's OK with me. The other brands seem to stand alone and do well.

The reality is HH is trying to compete with the likes of Traxxas and their marketing machine.
They used to be big back in the day. Nitro fuel and I even have a brushless motor of theirs.

They got a warehouse down the street from me I pass by and didn't know.

Interesting news. I'm skeptical ownership of all these various RC brands under one umbrella organization is good for the hobby.

It is my experience that once under the umbrella, all the brands begin looking alike in their offerings and variety and choice of selection is lost to the RC hobbyist. Comes with the management style or BoD at the top, I guess.

Trinity in particular was always a bit pricey for me. Although I will admit they had some useful tuning tools back in the days of brush motors when Trinity was king. The white carbon battery series was favorable received by the racing crowd.

See how it all shakes out. Curious, though, why so many 'brand name' RC products are selling out and leaving the hobby. 'AC'

Interesting news. I'm skeptical ownership of all these various RC brands under one umbrella organization is good for the hobby.

It is my experience that once under the umbrella, all the brands begin looking alike in their offerings and variety and choice of selection is lost to the RC hobbyist. Comes with the management style or BoD at the top, I guess.

Trinity in particular was always a bit pricey for me. Although I will admit they had some useful tuning tools back in the days of brush motors when Trinity was king. The white carbon battery series was favorable received by the racing crowd.

See how it all shakes out. Curious, though, why so many 'brand name' RC products are selling out and leaving the hobby. 'AC'
That's just part of the acquisition. The Mother Ship now dictates what you do and how much money you get. It's probably good news for the owners though, they usually get paid pretty well.

If it all goes well, the smaller company will fill a niche they need and expand on and refine the portfolio. Which means some parts may not exist anymore, but they will have the $$ backing to create new products as well.

Back