Big fuel problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryan1008

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi I'm new to this forum and I'm looking for some help with my car. I have a HPI Firestorm 10t.

I'll fill you in on my issue first:

About 4 years ago I bought this car, after a year of having it I managed to crash directly into a curb which flipped the car into a brick wall, completely demolishing the front end and also the gear box (or diff).

I left the car in my garage up until a few weeks ago when I decided to repair it. I have everything working now but I just have one major issue. When the car is running there is fuel spitting out from underneath the cylinder head. I have checked everything but its all sealed and fine.

I'm at a compete loss with it now, any ideas or help will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

Oh and I also can have trouble starting it sometimes

It's possible that the engine block is cracked where you would see fuel. Also you've said everything is tight but I would re check the carb to make sure its tight and also check the cooling head screws. To my knowledge those are the two places that fuel can leak from besides the backplate and the bearings. If those are all tight, then I would have to say your engine block(crankcase) is cracked.

It's possible that the engine block is cracked where you would see fuel. Also you've said everything is tight but I would re check the carb to make sure its tight and also check the cooling head screws. To my knowledge those are the two places that fuel can leak from besides the backplate and the bearings. If those are all tight, then I would have to say your engine block(crankcase) is cracked.

Thanks for that I'll double check everything, is there some way I can check to see if there is a crack in the crank case?

Remove the engine and plug the carb inlet and exhaust port with fingers. Leave fuel tube feeding carb. Spray soapy water all over engine around under cooling head and blow into the fuel line and look for bubbles.

The G3.0 must have some issues with this bc i have the same problem with mine i dissasembled my motor put it back together and then it was leaking no matter how tight i got the cooling head i ended up putting a really thin layer of red rtv sealant under the head shims and another thin layer under the head took car of my issue for the time being but you gotta do it one day and let it set for atleast a few hours also if you do this be careful not to put to much bc when u put the head back on it will seep out from under the shim and go into the sleeve deff dont want that. what i did was put the rtv put the shims in and push cooling head down remove head use q tip to wipe any excess up then i put a layer around the bottom of the button put head back on and tighten bolts up x patters then let dry for a few hours at least. not a real fix but a cheap one and easy one that worked for me

Back