Big Air Shock Set Up for Rustler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SchrodeMode

Hardcore RCTalk User
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Current setup:
Nitro Rustler - Dynamite .19
RPM arms, towers
Stock shocks and springs w/70 weight oil
Proline Trenchers
Alright guys, now that I have ramps, I'm averaging 7'-10' height in my jumps and am bending rear shock shafts left and right. I am about to get a set of big bores off of ebay and would like some ideas on setting them up, a little stronger and less likely to bend. I was looking at the Integy springs, I've heard they are one of the only good things made by them and they're pretty cheap. I'm thinking maybe 50 weight with a stiff set of the springs, I know some people say the RPM towers will lead to bent shafts and recommend aluminum towers. If I do go aluminum, who makes a serious tower for the rustler? Thanks in advance.

The setup I am running on my firestorm flux are the traxxas big bores with 50 weight oil and the stock dual rate springs. You may want to go with a heavier weight oil in the rear as most of the weight sits near the back. The TiNi shafts are much stronger than stock and have held up well for me so far.

Thanks man, I'm running the TiNis up front and haven't bent one since the change. I haven't played with the stock dual rates but I have heard they're soft, I'll just try them and see.

Ya, the nitro rusty will probably need some stiffer rear springs than the lighter electric.