beta flight drivers question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lion1

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
I am going to hook up my quad to beta flight in a few days on my Mac. I am wondering if I have to download any drivers onto my computer for betafight to work or if that is only for windows users? Thanks!

Not familiar with the software but found this on their website.
The Betaflight Configurator runs on Windows, Mac OS, Linux, and Android.
Not sure if that helps or not, I haven't used a Mac in over 25 years so probably not the best person to try and answer your question. 😮
Hope you get it figured out. :thumbs-up:

I am going to hook up my quad to beta flight in a few days on my Mac. I am wondering if I have to download any drivers onto my computer for betafight to work or if that is only for windows users? Thanks!
It entirely depends on which Mac O.S. you are using. You may need the CP210X drivers, you may not. Install the DMG first, and see if it asks for any other installs, driver or otherwise. On my GF's MacBook Pro with Catalina, she needed the CP210X driver, but, on her newer IMac with Big Sur, she didnt. It might also make a difference between laptop and desktop as well, but, she is more the Mac user. I prefer Ubuntu myself.

Back