Best value, pick one

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdMiller86

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Looking at getting a Hoss VXL or Stampede BL2s. Which one is the better choice for the price? Any pros and cons of one over the other??

Id go for the hoss. Has the vxl so you can run 3s on it, and I'm pretty sure the motor can handle 4s aswell. Although the stampede has the HD kit on it too.

Id also go for the stampede, but take out the bl2s and put in a hobbywing system and a older stampede body, the new ones look weird.

Hoss.

Stronger motor, can handle 3S and 4S if you want to go that far with it with a different esc down the line. Also has a center diff which makes driving the higher powered setup easier to handle while saving the driveline a bit more and less fussy than a slipper. Also the hoss is a bit longer chassis, which will jump nicer and help make it easier to drive at higher speeds.

I can't comment on the Hoss but I do own both the 4x4 and 2wd Stampedes. The 4x4 runs like a raped ape on 3s.

So the stampede is out now I’m looking at the rustler too 🤦🏼‍♂️

They share a lot of parts.
Hoss - HCG chassis with center diff
Rustler - LCG chassis with slipper clutch
My vote is still for the Hoss

If you're a hop up queen I would go with the Stampede, you're paying less for what you're going to toss. If you're going to drive it as is the Hoss is a better truck.

If you're a hop up queen I would go with the Stampede, you're paying less for what you're going to toss. If you're going to drive it as is the Hoss is a better truck.
Definitely going to drive it as is, I have a 18mo old that loves when we go out and bash and he doesn’t have time to wait for hop ups lmao

Back