Best repair glue for bulkheads

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would still make a metal plate to go there. I am actually surprised there isn't one there from the factory. That is a trouble spot on just about every RC, which is why you typically see aluminum bracing there. And if these parts are getting scarce, you are gonna want to protect that one, and maybe even try to fix the cracked one with this mod. So let Stoner give you a hand. I would definitely do it.
A fair way to look at it bud, I’ll get the measurements tomorrow and price up some of that glue!
So total

So if it all in total is £12 that's good for you..
Most definitely Stoner bud, most of the items on eBay are easily £15-£22 huts for shipping so it’s really cheap tbh!!! They show 2 in stock too lol

A fair way to look at it bud, I’ll get the measurements tomorrow and price up some of that glue!

Most definitely Stoner bud, most of the items on eBay are easily £15-£22 huts for shipping so it’s really cheap tbh!!! They show 2 in stock too lol
Buy both!

Here look threw this place. I found it while looking for duratrax parts. They are over in Greece..

https://www.bestrcshops.com/en/RC-c...trax-maximum-bx-parts?sort=p.price&order=DESC
Here look threw this place. I found it while looking for duratrax parts. They are over in Greece..

https://www.bestrcshops.com/en/RC-c...trax-maximum-bx-parts?sort=p.price&order=DESC
Just type in duratrax and should load up all the DTXC parts they have. They might have it I haven't look yet

Yeah I’ve seen a *few* now but they’re all loads more than the ones in that felix hobby shop (that’s $9.99 plus €15 shipping and felix ones are €17 total shipped) so I’ll probably order it from there bud.
Cheers though stoner, you have loads more bits for them over there than we do over here!!

Just type in duratrax and should load up all the DTXC parts they have. They might have it I haven't look yet
That Greek site doesn’t be have any quake/axis specific parts tbh bud

Last edited:
Yeah I’ve seen a *few* now but they’re all loads more than the ones in that felix hobby shop (that’s $9.99 plus €15 shipping and felix ones are €17 total shipped) so I’ll probably order it from there bud.
Cheers though stoner, you have loads more bits for them over there than we do over here!!

Yeah sorry I just found it looking for dtxc parts. But it's over by you soon. I haven't ordered from there just held on to the site just in case.

So it's a. Axis thunder quake?? That truck was made by Duratrax.
Duratrax axis thunder quake. But which model is it. There is a Duratrax axis. And duratrax thunder quake? There isn't a axis thunder quake. I'm a little lost on which specific model you have bud...can you post some pics of the truck or the manual? So I can help you out a little better if possible?

So it's a. Axis thunder quake?? That truck was made by Duratrax.
Duratrax axis thunder quake. But which model is it. There is a Duratrax axis. And duratrax thunder quake? There isn't a axis thunder quake. I'm a little lost on which specific model you have bud...can you post some pics of the truck or the manual? So I can help you out a little better if possible?
I’ve got the Axis, but the thunder quake shares a chassis and a lot of the parts with the axis even though some have slightly different part numbers, sorry for the confusion bud. I’ve got the manuals and parts diagrams etc for both here printed out in paper versions, they were fairly easy to find u like that bloody camper manual haha 😂👍
Yeah sorry I just found it looking for dtxc parts. But it's over by you soon. I haven't ordered from there just held on to the site just in case.
And I appreciate the help mate, don’t think I wasn’t grateful!!!

I’ve got the Axis, but the thunder quake shares a chassis and a lot of the parts with the axis even though some have slightly different part numbers, sorry for the confusion bud. I’ve got the manuals and parts diagrams etc for both here printed out in paper versions, they were fairly easy to find u like that bloody camper manual haha 😂👍

And I appreciate the help mate, don’t think I wasn’t grateful!!!
Oh no not at all bud👍👍. I was just trying to figure out what RC it was that you had. No worries man👍👍 I know you due... so you have the duratrax axis. Cool ok I will look for the bulkhead. I've found them in a lot of places. But you are trying to keep the price down as much as possible. With the duratrax line of RC discontinued. And shipping over seas for one part is crazy. You might want to consider. Just getting a bunch of parts. For it so you have them incase of a breakage. And so shipping would be free.. like basically the front end parts.. and maybe shock shafts incase you like to jump and one bends... not sure if that is option for you or if you thought about it...

Oh no not at all bud👍👍. I was just trying to figure out what RC it was that you had. No worries man👍👍 I know you due... so you have the duratrax axis. Cool ok I will look for the bulkhead. I've found them in a lot of places. But you are trying to keep the price down as much as possible. With the duratrax line of RC discontinued. And shipping over seas for one part is crazy. You might want to consider. Just getting a bunch of parts. For it so you have them incase of a breakage. And so shipping would be free.. like basically the front end parts.. and maybe shock shafts incase you like to jump and one bends... not sure if that is option for you or if you thought about it...
Its all cool bud!!! It’s just a street blaster tbh mate, and doesn’t get ran all day. The bulk was broken when I bought the car, although I did flip it after clipping a kerb last time it was out, which showed me the bottom arm was split at the hinge pin!
I’ve replaced those, so bulk will be next definitely. I need a head cooling fin at a later point too as mines snapped off just above the glow plug level lol
Also may need one front shock, there’s two on eBay I’ve got saved but the seals are suspect so they would probably want new seals and oil.
Take a look on felix hobby stores site mate they’ve got a few duratrax bits-they’re by far the cheapest place I’ve seen the bulkhead so far so probs gonna buy it from them.
Then depending on which car I’m gonna try the pick up body on I may need some different wheels and tyres but from what I’ve seen mentioned, the hubs on these axis are larger than most others, and hard to find rims for...
I’ll know more on that once I’ve got the carb dust cover for the sh18 (new pull cord came yesterday) then check how that one runs... it’s slightly wider than the axis so the pick up body may not fit as well as it would to the axis without modding it

They look pretty legit. I tried calling Felix Hobby twice today and it just kept ringing. Pro Shop doesn't open til Monday. I will give them a call.
Thanks buddy hope felix are still trading!!! Pro shop don’t have them bulk I need in and I’m not sure they ship overseas going off their order form

Thanks buddy hope felix are still trading!!! Pro shop don’t have them bulk I need in and I’m not sure they ship overseas going off their order form
Well, I have sent Felix an email, FB message, and tried calling like 6 times, and got zero response so far. They may have closed up shop. Their last FB post was made back in February. Before that it was sporadic, like a post every couple months. Their website is still up though, so really hard to say.

They only accept credit card payments, so if you get stiffed by them you would have to take it up with your CC provider to get a reversal of funds.

Well, I have sent Felix an email, FB message, and tried calling like 6 times, and got zero response so far. They may have closed up shop. Their last FB post was made back in February. Before that it was sporadic, like a post every couple months. Their website is still up though, so really hard to say.

They only accept credit card payments, so if you get stiffed by them you would have to take it up with your CC provider to get a reversal of funds.
Thanks for the help mate! Yeah I’ll probably give them miss as I only have visa debit cards anyway lol 😂 back to paying a fortune it looks like lol 😂

Back