best engine for 2 speed?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Generally speaking most people would look for a high RPM .21 Big Block to put in their buggies.

any suggestions? Something around 3hp and upwards of 35000rpm?

I'm not as familiar with .21's as I am .28's Hopefully Robin or someone will pop on here and throw out some ideas but generally Id probably look at Picco, O.S., LRP, or Novarossi and just find something with the best specs that fits your budget.

I've been looking at a rb blast, but my engine is already putting out 2.25hp. I want something closer to 3hp . Preferably a .21

That is a lot of power out of a .21. How much are you looking to spend? These would get you close... know how much you want to drop will help pick something closer to your price range.
Werks .21
Picco .21

Remember the smaller the motor with a lot of horsepower, will not last as long as a bigger engine with the same hp. A mild stock .28 with 3 bhp and 34,000 rpm are all over the place. SH has a .28 that claims 3.6 bhp can't remember the rpms. Losi and Dynamite have great engines for a cheap price and they will haul the mail. Sometimes you get more than you paid for with the latest nitro engines. I have a Mach 2 .26 big block in a 10th scale redcat Tornado S30 chassis. It's stupid fast, wheelie at almost any speed.

Back