Best Electric Monster Truck?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Best Bashing Monster Truck?

• Traxxas E-Maxx

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • HPI Savage Flux HP

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Traxxas Summit

• Traxxas E-Revo

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • HPI E-Savage

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who Cares?

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozarks104

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
What do you think the best Electric Monster Truck is for bashing? Best as in most fun, most durable, least amount of maintenance etc...

Okay so not the best as that is hard to answer.. WHAT IS YOUR PREFERRED BASHER?

THANKS!

Take the poll... If its not on here! Post what you think!!!

Last edited:
Thats not really a cut dry answer to me...I'm not sure I could classify one as "The Best" and if I was gonna pick one Id say converted LST2/XXL ;)

but I chose one that was on your list :D

I'd say the eRevo. I have both the Revo 3.3 and the 1/16 Revo VXL and they're both tough as nails and lots of fun for bashing.

I'd say an e maxx or e revo ,the only experience I have had with the hpi trucks wasn't good ,on a pair of my 2s it blew the rear diff in minutes...

From the list I would choose either the Summit or eRevo as long as they were brushless.

To this day I still think the 1/10 Slash 4x4 was the funnest rc I have owned!

Last edited:
I've owned a Savage XS, LST2/XXL, and have driven E-revos, and brushless savages. Hands down the losi conversion is the best. It is a great basher, but it can also be ran on the track with some decent suspension tuning. If I was into Surface RCs still I would get another XXL/LST2 and convert it. I am sure anyone who has had all of the Monster trucks listed above would probably agree with me.

Yes, yes! To Sur3fir3 you listen. The cave! Remember your failure at the cave!

Don't forget about the Stampede 4x4, it can be made into a solid basher with a few upgrades. It may not be as big or powerful as the other Mts on this list, but that means it doesn't have as much weight crashing down when a jump doesn't go as planned.

yea stampede is good lots of upgrades cheap buying new no reason for E max, why? Revo is good to. dont waist yer money on E Maxjunk haha.

esavige is good durabilty. and good speed but handling not doin so good like erevo 4 exampel or convert a nitro like me swichen my mgt to eclectric. bad azz bro

I think E-Revo have good speed as well.
nitro rc have mre fun then electric one !

I think E-Revo have good speed as well.
nitro rc have mre fun then electric one !
ez 4 u to say eclectric has mor tork & water proof not like nitro 4 rock climing + can be made fasterwith battery upgrade & moter thats kick azz mor fun

I
ez 4 u to say eclectric has mor tork & water proof not like nitro 4 rock climing + can be made fasterwith battery upgrade & moter thats kick azz mor fun

yes i do agree electric rc model are more reliable and are easy to play while nitro model are difficult .But if you are not new in hobby then you will definitely prefer nitro models.

Not always true. I am definitely not "new" to RCs, and I mostly own Nitro models...but I'm to the point where my most run RC is a Stampede that I built for my daughter. Due to my work schedule, I don't have the time for Nitro right now. When I do get a chance to run a truck, I want to be able to get up and running quickly, I can't do that with Nitro. I have to make sure the rx pack and igniter are charged, bring my fuel bottle, igniter, and screw driver, and being as it's winter, I get it started inside and then go out to "tune" it for the day. Then there is the clean up and storage when I'm done, you have to make sure you burn off all of the fuel, wipe the car down and then put some ARO in. With the Stampede, I top off the batteries, plug them in and go. At the end of the day, I pull the batteries and then put a storage charge on them. Don't get me wrong, I still love my Nitros....I'm just tired of people trying to shovel THEIR views on what's better down someone else's throat.

Back