Best Close-Up Lens for Nikon?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohmygahitscoby

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys,

I'm really looking forward to buying a lens for my Nikon D80. I was looking through some lenses and I found the Nikorr 50mm f/1.8D AF lens. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with it. Also, what lens do you guys use for close-ups w/ good sharpness? Thanks!

-Coby

The 50 mm lens is one of the sharpest lenses you can get and it also teaches you how to use your feet instead of your zoom. You could always go with a macro lens too.

A macro lens is going to be very costly but well worth it. I'm not very familiar with Nikon (Canon 4 life!) but a Nikon 105mm prime macro lens is an amazing lens. Google it and see for yourself.

Either way you go, make sure you get the ED version, as its comparable to Canon's L Glass lenses for sharpness and quality. Good luck bud.

Yeah, the Nikon 105mm prime macro lens looks nice, but I don't think I'm gonna be spending that much :D. I really want a Canon XSi but we already had a Nikon so whatever, I still love it. I'll keep searching.

Nikon is a great company. Really..the only reason I don't own a Nikon is I have yet to find one with a grip big enough for my hand. Digi Rebels are ok, but if you really want a Canon that will hold its value and be durable, you should look at any of the 10-50 D series cameras. I can't remember what lens I was playing with at the camera shop yesterday but I believe it was an 18-200mm Nikon ED lens on an older D2H pro camera. I actually enjoyed that combo.