Best Christmas gift.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikko508

ROLEX SUPPORTER
Reaction score
One year ago today I asked my just turned 12 year old son what he would like for Christmas. He surprised me by saying "nothing dad, I have everything I want", so asked again, this time he said to me, "dad, what I want is for you to quit smoking and that you and I give 50 dollars to charity to help other kids. That night one year ago, I quit smoking, a week before Christmas I gave him everything I would have spent on cigarettes for his charitable donation and on Christmas I gave him 200 dollars as a gift for him to do what he wants with it. It was the best Christmas gift I had ever received/given. I am a very proud dad to have a son as carrying as he, and the best part is, no one can ever take that from me......

Congrats man that is Awesome!!!!!! My son is also the reason I quit smoking 5 years ago, it is a great thing.

That's great to hear. I've got a similar problem with my oldest niece. She asked her mom (my sister) what she should ask Santa to bring her for Christmas. She said that she had everything she needed. Not bad for a 5-year old... Now for her crazy uncle to figure out her Christmas gift...

That's very impressive, not many kids these days are like that. You should be proud!

Thanks guys, and yes I am very proud of him he's a great kid.....

I quit before my daughter was born, That will be 15 years this January. Man, how time flies..
Congrats to all you have quit or considering quitting. :thumbs-up:

That is and I am sure Rolex would agree.... is AWESOME! You have yourself a great son my friend!

I agree. That's incredible, just amazing...absolutely intense!
Seriously, good for you. About 9 1/2 years for me. It's great to be called a "Quitter".

I believe what Rolex was trying to say Nikko is "Thats AWESOME!"