best bang for the buck radio

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arrow

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
my radio is old and seems to be dying so I'm gunna replace it probly in the next 2 months. radios i have absolutly no experience in so i was wondering if someone could give me the best bang for the buck fm radio (200 or less) I'm not totally intrested in features more range and stability and duribility and such

JR's XR3i. It's about $170. Computer radio, FM. That's the 3 channel. If you only need 2 channel, it's the JR XR2i. A lot less. Excellent radio.

I would say the mx-3 It is about $110 if you look around you can get it for like$100 if you dont need any servos

You say $200 or less. If you can go just a bit higher, around $230, you can get a synthesized fm radio, the JR XS3. I use this radio and love it.

Check out the Ko Propo Mars R. I run w/ it and she is sweet. Excellent quality and a very comfortable feel. Plus has tons of features (that you can use or not use).

http://www.kopropo.com/EX-1_Mars_R.htm

EX-1_marsR_image.gif

You can pick it up for $190
http://www.shopatron.com/product/product_id=KPP80056**/166.0.1053.0.0.0.0

Or scoop up a nice used one on ebay for around $100. Highly recommend it.

JR XS3 FM Synth - 6 Model Memory - 30 channels
$199 or less if you shop around
Best bang for the buck.

Stormer Hobbies $199.95

JR dropped the price when they released the XS3 PRO.

If you want a 10 Model Memory with a 2nd generation micro receiver, the XS3 Pro can be had for around $250.

Last edited:
Futaba 3PM goes for about $115 without servos. I am with NCNitro, regarding the JR XS3. I just got mine slightly used from FastEddy ... ok, it's practically brand new!

You can find it all over eBay or buy one for a little over $200. Lot's of features but the one main reasonis that you don't have to worry about frequency conflicts. That's the best feature!

I am using the helios & the radio is awesome very easy to program lot of features

I got the 3PM with the 110oz. of torque servo, receiver and crystals for $150. Lots of nice features but none need to be used. I'm very happy with it.

I use the XS3 and like it a lot, it is going for around $200 now.

I just came back from my LHS and the JR XS3 Pro is going for $220 and that includes 2 servos. If you want the JR X3i (Rolex's suggestion) it is going for $170 with servos as well. If you're interested, PM me and I'll give you the contact info for the store. They'll cut you a good deal if you tell them I told you to call.

Buncrana said:
I got the 3PM with the 110oz. of torque servo, receiver and crystals for $150. Lots of nice features but none need to be used. I'm very happy with it.

i have this radio also. i got the no servo version and use hitec digitals with it. the only features i dont use on it are the brake mixing (used in large scale cars) and 3rd channel (no reverse). i use the endpoint adjustments, throttle atl, dual rate, it has throttle accel to eliminate the deadspot before clutch engagement, steering speed adjustments, and with the ABS i can brake my 8th scale buggy while turning to push harder into the corners. i love the radio. I've also never had a glitch and i lose sight of the car before i lose range. I'm also using the optional HRS reciever which responds faster and has a built in failsafe that works on all 3 channels.