Beginners helicopter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metalhead Matt

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
The name says it all. I'm wanting a chopper to buzz around with. A buddy stopped by with one he picked up at a liquidation sale. 75 bucks. It was about a foot long or so. Brushed motor, lipo bat. A little 180mah 2s. It jammed! I want the simplest to operate, most popular beginner mini. I think.:) Any advice is much appreciated.

whoever it was, he needs to seal his engine...

Matt, the Blade mcx is a great little bird for indoor only flight. it dang near flies itself.

I'll second the E Flite Blade MCX. They're great beginner indoor birds, fairly tough, and parts are easy to come by. Once you get good with that, the MSR X or SR 120 would be next in line.

Those little guys are a blast to fly indoors. I got one online for $14 so watch where you buy.
Later you can step it up. Stay with axial rotors till you start feeling more confident.

The mCX is a great starter heli. I've run mine into almost everything imaginable and haven't broken anything, yet.

Back